Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Help with form conditions (Application Express, 4.0, windows 7)
Help with form conditions [message #532763] Thu, 24 November 2011 08:24 Go to next message
abarnybox
Hi,

I'm trying to get some radio buttons to appear on a form when another radio button is pressed. e.g. question one has answers x, y, z and if selection x is pressed I would like another set of radio buttons to appear to go into further detail.

I have sort of managed this using the conditions, but the only way i've found it to work is if on question one you set the 'page action when value changed' to 'redirect and set value' if you don't do that the condition doesn't kick in. The problem with that is that it makes the rest of the questions you've already filled out empty so you have to re-enter everything. It also means I can't have 2 of these which would be ideal though not essential.
I did think I could just put the question first so that people wouldn't have filled anything else out yet...but in the context thats not ideal

any help would be appreciated Smile
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532765 is a reply to message #532763] Thu, 24 November 2011 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
You can use a dynamic action for this.There's a small explanation at the link below, but I'm sure you can find lots if you search.
http://dgielis.blogspot.com/2010/01/apex-40-dynamic-actions-part-1.html
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532766 is a reply to message #532765] Thu, 24 November 2011 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abarnybox
Awesome,
I did actually search before posting here but i've never heard of Dynamic actions before so obviously I wasn't searching for the right things.

thanks a lot
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532770 is a reply to message #532766] Thu, 24 November 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abarnybox
Just a little sort of...addition to this question, I've got it working now but I was wondering, is it possible to have the second question a required value only when the specific value in the first question is selected?
e.g. first question answers x, y, z. When y is selected second question MUST be answered but if x is selected it doesn't have to be.

I hope I was clear enough...
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532773 is a reply to message #532770] Thu, 24 November 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
If this is just about whether or not the field should be validated as not null then you can add it in the condition of your validation. (you can find it in the validation properties)
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532775 is a reply to message #532773] Thu, 24 November 2011 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abarnybox
You can add conditions to validations?
Sorry very new to this, only started using apex on monday Razz
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532816 is a reply to message #532775] Thu, 24 November 2011 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
Assume the following situaion. you can resolve it. The following columns expect values like
Employed -> Yes / No
if Employed (yes) -> male /Female On selction of the anyone Executive / Non-executive
All the columns reside in a table. Now you know how to create button for all the table columns.
Just apply validation clause for each column
If I understood correctly your problem, then you will be able to solve the above scenario.
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532862 is a reply to message #532816] Fri, 25 November 2011 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abarnybox
I get the impression this is far too complicated for me, its not really necessary so I don't think i'll bother confusing myself trying...

Thanks anyway for the help Smile
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532908 is a reply to message #532862] Fri, 25 November 2011 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
Adding the condition to the validation isn't difficult though. It's got a "conditions" section in the same way as other things on the pages. (regions, fields, processes, buttons etc.) Just go in to it's properties and you'll find it.
Re: Help with form conditions [message #532928 is a reply to message #532908] Fri, 25 November 2011 07:55 Go to previous message
abarnybox
Oh I got it, you're right its not hard, I've just not used validations at all yet...fear of the unknown Wink

thanks
Previous Topic: Automatically generating table ID
Next Topic: How to keep ID throughout wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:40:52 CDT 2024