Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report?
icon4.gif  Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report? [message #528927] Thu, 27 October 2011 12:15 Go to next message
mr_hotshot_818

Is it possible to add conditional column formatting in an Interactive Report in Apex 4.1? I've found numerous examples for older versions using the standard (classic) report, but I haven't found any with the new Interactive Report. Is this possible? and if so, can someone point me in the direction of some documentation or examples?
I simply want to change the color of the text depending on whether a column has a value (eg. Error or Problem).

Note -- I am not referring to the Highlight capability in the Action Menu.

Thanks
Re: Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report? [message #528962 is a reply to message #528927] Thu, 27 October 2011 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's one option.

For example, I want to paint department name to "red" if department number is equal to 20. Interactive report's query looks like this:
select 
  deptno,
  case when deptno = 20 then '<span style=color:red>' || dname
       else dname
  end dept_name,
  loc
from dept

Modify DEPT_NAME's "Display Text As" property to "Standard Report Column" (if you skip this step, you'll see the tags instead). Finally, run the report. This is the result:

/forum/fa/9506/0/

Re: Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report? [message #528982 is a reply to message #528962] Thu, 27 October 2011 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_hotshot_818

Thanks!

I have a question: When you click the Dept_Name header and use a filter on RESEARCH, the filter doesn't show Dept Name = 'RESEARCH'. It displays Dept Name = '<span style="color:red">RESEARCH</span>'. Can this be avoided?

/forum/fa/9508/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2011 19:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report? [message #606220 is a reply to message #528982] Tue, 21 January 2014 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanjeevi
We had a similar problem in our company and used Dynamic Action and Jquery to resolved the above problem.
$("td[headers='Dept Na']").each(function(index){
if($("td[headers='Dept status']").eq(index).text() == 'N'){
$(this).css({"color":"red"});
}
});
Also removed Span tag from the SQL Query which we used in the Interactive Report

Re: Conditional Column Formatting in an Interactive Report? [message #608948 is a reply to message #528927] Thu, 27 February 2014 05:55 Go to previous message
imontero
Hi,

I also use jquery and dynamic actions. When the report is generated the following is also called:

Function and Global Variable Declaration
function Col_Formatting()
{
$(".apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA td:nth-child(n+10):contains('N')").css({"font-weight":"bold","color":"red"});
$(".highlight-row td:nth-child(n+10):contains('N')").css({"font-weight":"bold","color":"red"});
}

What the code above is doing is to highlight in red the columns based on the value in "contains" as of column number 10. apexir_WORKSHEET_DATA and highlight-row are the report classes I am applying the css to. This is called through a Dynamic action.

Hope this helps!

[Updated on: Thu, 27 February 2014 05:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Invoke external stored procedure from apex
Next Topic: Apex 4.2.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:27:20 CDT 2024