Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Dynamic Reporting (9i)
Dynamic Reporting [message #526186] Mon, 10 October 2011 01:33 Go to next message
glmjoy
I want to make dynamic reporting that user will select the column which he needs in his report. I want to know that also can we make dynamic quires to select all table and user select the required tables with relation that's for my knowledge.
Like wizard in Report Builder do.

e.g my table

Employees
Empno char (5),
Designation_Code char(5),
Salary Number,
PK Empno;

Attendnace
Empno char(5),
Time_In Date,
Time_Out Date,
Actual_Time Date;

If User want reporting
Empno Designation Time_In Time_Out
Or any other
Empno Salary Time_Out

He can make his own selection using tabular format and if possible to make group above to
Re: Dynamic Reporting [message #526191 is a reply to message #526186] Mon, 10 October 2011 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I can't tell, never did that (although, I suppose that it could be possible - passing selected column names to a report, and deciding whether to display it or not in its Format Trigger).

However, I think that Reports is a wrong tool for such kind of a requirement. What you described looks very much like Apex Interactive Report. I understand this (Apex) is a completely different tool, but ... maybe you could take a look.
Re: Dynamic Reporting [message #526199 is a reply to message #526191] Mon, 10 October 2011 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glmjoy
Yes you are right I want like that example you give it to me but i want to make in 6i if we use format trigger then if any new field added we have to make format trigger for that too. And if I have e.g more than 25 columns it means more than 25 trigger. Is there any other solution.

Thanks in advance
Re: Dynamic Reporting [message #535138 is a reply to message #526199] Mon, 12 December 2011 05:47 Go to previous message
jaganerp@gmail.com
Hi glmojy,

do one thing pass the lexical parameters for the columns('&col1,&col2.....) in data model and write the code in before report trigger also write the format trigger for required columns.

Regards
Jagan
Previous Topic: Discoverer not showing all data???? help
Next Topic: Discoverer Admin - How to copy folder from one instance to another
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:27:46 CDT 2024