Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Change DB User for OEM / Change DBSNMP Password (oem 11g 11.2.0)
Change DB User for OEM / Change DBSNMP Password [message #524916] Tue, 27 September 2011 07:06 Go to next message
Gogetter
Hello,

I have a problem with one of our OEMs. The former Admin installed every OEM with dbsnmp as the DB user name - all but one. In this one he used sysman as the DB user name (Found it in Cluster-Datenbase configuration properties). The db user can't be changed - or I didn't found the way to do it.
Some days ago the password of dbsnmp expired and he got a new one. But he is locked immediately 'cause there is no way to change the password in the OEM. It seemed that OEM still uses the user dbsnmp although the DB user is sysman.

Anyone has an idea how to fix it?

Thanks
Rudi Zugreif
  • Attachment: oem_sceen.png
    (Size: 66.13KB, Downloaded 1351 times)
Re: Change DB User for OEM / Change DBSNMP Password [message #524922 is a reply to message #524916] Tue, 27 September 2011 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
This is the sort of thing you need to do:

emca -config dbcontrol db -dbsnmp_pwd newpassword

If you run
emca -?
the help is pretty self-explanatory.

Re: Change DB User for OEM / Change DBSNMP Password [message #524936 is a reply to message #524922] Tue, 27 September 2011 10:33 Go to previous message
Gogetter
John,

thanks for your support.
I'm wright, that there is no way to overwrite only the dbsnmp_pwd parameter? There will be written a complete new config file, and I need other params e.g. the sys-password? Okay, then I have to wait for the "Super-Password-Storage-User" who has the key for the pwd-treasure room Sad

Regards Rudi
Previous Topic: OC4J Configuration issue
Next Topic: 11gR2 Grid Control - SVG or Flash?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:43:37 CDT 2024