Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( (10G)
Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( [message #520874] Thu, 25 August 2011 04:24 Go to next message
poojamunj
Hello Sir,

I am working on a report which shows a summarized data from 4 different tables. I have 2 columns which shows certain amount.
The data in both the columns comes from different table.
I want to compare these 2 columns for which i placed a formula column in data model. the code goes this way:

function CF_RECV_PAYFormula return Character is

V_RESULT VARCHAR2(50);
begin

IF :TOTAL_IOU_AMT >= :EXP_AMT THEN
V_RESULT := 'Payable';

else
V_RESULT := 'Recievable';

end if;

return(v_result);

end;

The compilation is successful. but when i am running the report i am getting an error Rep-1517 :Column 'CF_RECV_PAY' references column TOTAL_IOU_AMT and EXP_AMT has incompatible frequency.
I am not able to solve this error, please help me out
Re: Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( [message #520879 is a reply to message #520874] Thu, 25 August 2011 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You've got the formula column in a different group to the items it's checking. It needs to be in the same group as the items.
Re: Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( [message #520886 is a reply to message #520879] Thu, 25 August 2011 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poojamunj
Thank you for your feedback, but can you please tell me how to place the formula column in the same group as the respected items are.
I tried , but still not getting it since i am a beginner.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 04:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( [message #520889 is a reply to message #520886] Thu, 25 August 2011 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I'm guessing you created the formulae column outside the group. You'll need to recreate.
Click on the formula column icon to the left of the Data Model.
Then click on the group that contains the items.
A formulae column will be created in the group.
Rename it and add the formula.
Re: Getting incompatible frequency fora formula column :-( [message #520892 is a reply to message #520889] Thu, 25 August 2011 05:23 Go to previous message
poojamunj
Thank you so much sir. Got the out put.
Previous Topic: How to merge multiple reports in one report in reports 6i
Next Topic: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.omg.CORBA.CompletionStatus; Local class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:30:08 CDT 2024