|Oracle Applications DBA Needed in San Jose, CA [message #520247]
||Fri, 19 August 2011 12:20
Registered: August 2011
Location: United States
I need an Oracle Apps DBA to work on my team!!|
The project this DBA will be working on is a high priority IT project from a recent acquisition of a Neurovascular business. We will be implementing an Oracle EBS system for them using Oracle R12, Oracle RAC 11g, RMAN and data guard for disaster recovery.
• Reviews and analyzes database requirements; develops detailed database design specifications to
meet identified requirements.
• Reviews and analyzes user needs; determines equipment and software requirements for solutions
• Installs, configures, maintains, and patches Oracle Applications Server Components and databases.
• Manages and implements database security and user accounts.
• Designs and implements backup and recovery strategies.
• Assists with the design and development of data models as needed.
• Assists with storage and capacity planning.
• Assists with the development and implementation of database standards and methodologies.
• Assists development team with SQL/PLSQL statement tuning.
• Researches, recommends, and implements all database software upgrades.
• On a daily basis analyzes and reports on database metrics; administers and controls data
resources; monitors and ensures database integrity, security, and performance; and implements
tools to improve database performance.
• Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in database administration and computer
• Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Additional Job Info:
The initial contract length will be for 6 months but will likely be for the duration of the project which runs through December 2012.. - Experienced Apps DBA - R12 experience is a plus - Implementation project experience is a plus - Motivated, hard worker and flexible
Top 3 Skills (stack ranked) : 1. Oracle 11i and R12 (we can send without R12, but person is less likely to be an ideal fit 2. Experience working with Oracle RAC 11g and Data Guard 3. Must have experience with RMAN for back-up and recovery
This is a long term opportunity with a very nice salary/rate.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in working for my company.