Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Login Page
Login Page [message #519057] Tue, 09 August 2011 03:13 Go to next message
segunomobi
How can I add a sign up page to my login page and make it loop like that of Facebook login/signup page?
Re: Login Page [message #519073 is a reply to message #519057] Tue, 09 August 2011 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
I'm not sure what you mean by loop, so if you could explain that a bit better it might be easier to give you a solution which could fit your needs.

But I guess you already have a login page with username and password which you use. If you have authentication on the application then this is the page which should show for anyone not logged in. (Page 101 normally) Then you can add a page with public access for the sign up functionality. (Page properties -> security -> authentication. Then set it to "page is public") And afterwards you can add a link on your login page to this sign up page. I guess you'll insert the user's data into a table somewhere, and then you can use that table in an authentication scheme you make through shared components -> security -> authentication schemes, to determine if the person has access or not.
Re: Login Page [message #519137 is a reply to message #519073] Tue, 09 August 2011 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
segunomobi
Thank you. I really want both the sign up and the log in to be on the same page, so that if you are a new user you can just sign up but if you have signed up b4 you can log in. Sure the sign up details are written to a table at the back end.

How can I take on line payment through the sign up process? is there any plug in i can use to take online payment?

What advice would you give: i want people signing up to my site for the first time to make online payment before signing up or during the process of signing up. how do i go about this?

i uploaded what i have done

/forum/fa/9245/0/
  • Attachment: signup.JPG
    (Size: 47.77KB, Downloaded 2174 times)
Re: Login Page [message #519141 is a reply to message #519137] Tue, 09 August 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c_stenersen
Then you can just add a region for the registration to page 101 I guess.

For the payment ApEx won't be able to charge anything from people's credit card or such. Things like this I guess you'll have to talk to a bank about, or maybe PayPal. I have no idea how it works. https://www.paypal.com/ch/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home-merchant
Re: Login Page [message #524225 is a reply to message #519141] Thu, 22 September 2011 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBMamun
You have to create two applications on the same workspace, one without any authentication to request for an user ID, and other for the actual application. Once user has requested for the User Id the workspace admin will approve and assign user id and password for the end user. Then that user will log on to the actual application.
Re: Login Page [message #524254 is a reply to message #524225] Thu, 22 September 2011 07:19 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
Different pages in the same application can have different access, so two applications shouldn't be needed. Just make the registration page public. (or add the registration to the login page which is already public as OP wanted)
Previous Topic: Changing color of Report Column Header
Next Topic: import date with apex utility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:09:54 CDT 2024