Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » PDF attachment from Apex application (Apex,4.0)
PDF attachment from Apex application [message #518842] Mon, 08 August 2011 01:39 Go to next message
srtnayak

Hi

I am using Apex 4.0.

We have a requirement to send the html contents saved in the CLOB column of a table as PDF attachment in the email from apex application. Currently we are sending the .htm file as the attachment from the apex application.

Please suggest the steps to include the html contents as a PDF document with some small examples.

Currently I am using APEX_MAIL.ADD_ATTACHMENT to include the attachment and APEX_MAIL.SEND to send the mail. Currently we are sending the attachment in the .htm format.

The html data is present in the column of a table, which we are sending in the attachment as a htm file. Please suggest the steps with an example to send the PDF attachment using APEX_MAIL.ADD_ATTACHMENT.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Sri
Re: PDF attachment from Apex application [message #559118 is a reply to message #518842] Thu, 28 June 2012 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgraham
Hi Sri,

I am currently facing the same problem.

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Graham
Re: PDF attachment from Apex application [message #559129 is a reply to message #559118] Fri, 29 June 2012 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srtnayak

Hi Jonathan,

Yeah.. I found solution for this problem after lot of research.

Apex standard report doesn't support template based reports so we have to use Advanced Apex print server option which requires Oracle BI publisher.

Either we have to use any existing BI publisher or install stand-alone BI publisher as the report server in Apex. To use BI Publisher as the report server in Apex we have to set the below Report printing parameters in Apex.

a.Print Server Host Address
b.Print Server Port
c.Print Server Script

After configuring the report server in Apex, we can create a rtf based template in Apex and use the BI publisher to generate the report as an attachment in PDF format.

Hope this solution will help you.

Regards,
Sri
Re: PDF attachment from Apex application [message #559468 is a reply to message #559129] Tue, 03 July 2012 07:42 Go to previous message
jgraham
Hi Sri,

Thanks for your reply.
I am new to Apex development.

We have BI Publisher installed for Apex and I have since been able to start creating the report template.
I will then be able to use the apex_util.get_print_document api to help store the pdf report output to a database BLOB.
I can then use the BLOB to help create the email attachments and a print preview page that my application requires.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Graham
Previous Topic: Calling URL using Database without specifying a browser
Next Topic: APEX Error !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:16:28 CDT 2024