Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » TRACEFILE in report10g
TRACEFILE in report10g [message #517437] Tue, 26 July 2011 02:18 Go to next message
swapnil_naik

Hi friends,

i want to tracing my RDF..so i get an information how much time query will take...i will do this PROGRAM -> TRACING -> given name of trace file.

But it will show me only log...i want complete information...how can i do it
Re: TRACEFILE in report10g [message #517468 is a reply to message #517437] Tue, 26 July 2011 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What sort of complete information?
Re: TRACEFILE in report10g [message #517477 is a reply to message #517468] Tue, 26 July 2011 04:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood what you are looking for, "this" tracing is not the one you're after.

Put
SRW.DO_SQL ('ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=TRUE');
into the Before Parameter Form trigger. Run the report.

On a database server, in a directory whose path can be found by running the following statement (as a privileged user), you'll find the trace file:
SQL> select value from v$parameter where name = 'user_dump_dest';

VALUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
D:\ORACLE\ADMIN\ORA10\UDUMP
(the result you see shows the UDUMP location on my database server, and it is most probably different from yours).

Go to the database server. Locate the TRC (trace) file in the UDUMP directory (if you use MS Windows, Explorer will show it to you - sort files by date). Trace files have strange names, such as ORA10_ORA_3464.TRC.

Now open command prompt on the database server. Navigate to the UDUMP directory and run TKPROF (there are variations, this is just an example):
tkprof ora10_ora_3464.trc trace.txt explain=scott/tiger@ora10 sys=no
The result is TRACE.TXT file which contains "complete information" you'd like to see (of course, if I read your mind).
Previous Topic: Report Field Value to be Printed Partially in 3 Places
Next Topic: Displaying One Record per page for all retrieved records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:29:45 CDT 2024