Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Validatation in a Flexfield
Validatation in a Flexfield [message #508982] Wed, 25 May 2011 08:12 Go to next message
gvsantos
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with the suppliers forms.
In this customization forms that i'm working with, I have to validate if a field from a flexfield is valid. The name of the field its "document" and cant be duplicated. So I'll have to go to the database and check if it already exists. The problem is, in the forms, the group of flexfields, presents itself like just a only single field. The flexfield have that "document" field that I said and many others. I try to put a "when-validate-item" trigger in the field of forms that calls the flexfield, and put a select on it. It worked, but just once. If the user click on more than once on it and dont change nothing, the trigger dont fire, for obvious reasons. So What i'm looking for is a way to clean the specific field "document" from the flexfield or any other suggestions.

Regards,
G.
Re: Validatation in a Flexfield [message #509072 is a reply to message #508982] Wed, 25 May 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
If the user click on more than once on it and dont change nothing, the trigger dont fire, for obvious reasons

(Note: I don't use Oracle Apps. so this is most probably in vain and useless)

But, if nothing changed, what would you check? You already checked it when it really changed, didn't you? WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM *would* fire (again) if something is changed.
Re: Validatation in a Flexfield [message #509735 is a reply to message #509072] Tue, 31 May 2011 09:55 Go to previous message
gvsantos
Thats right. The problem is that after the trigger fires once and show me the error, if the field were inside forms i would normally clean him up, to force the user enter a new value. I cant do this in this case, cause I cant clean the flexfield. So, if the user put a invalid document, the trigger fires and show me the error. Lets say he dont give a damn to the message.. If he dont fix it... Nothing happen, cause nothing was changed after the message... He can save the record with the duplicated document.
Previous Topic: Issue with the Scheduling API - OE_GROUP_SCH_UTIL.Schedule_Multi_lines
Next Topic: Oracle R12 Financials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:09:03 CDT 2024