Home » Other » Marketplace » interview dilemma
interview dilemma [message #504610] Tue, 26 April 2011 14:38 Go to next message
ehemmc
Messages: 2
Registered: April 2011
Junior Member
I apologize in advance if I shouldn't be posting on this forum. I'm currently interviewing for a position within Oracle. I will have my 3rd interview this week. I am just about to graduate from college. Oracle is the only company I applied to. If I don't get the job, I will go to graduate school (plan b). I've already been accepted to graduate school. Now, here's my dilemma. I just found out yesterday that I got a graduate assistantship. I need to give them an answer by May 20th. I'm not sure if the interview process will be done by that time. I really want the job but if I don't get it, I don't want to lose out on the assistantship. How should I handle this dilemma? I don't want to hurt my chances for getting the job. Thanks! J

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2011 14:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: interview dilemma [message #504612 is a reply to message #504610] Tue, 26 April 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Messages: 19294
Registered: June 2005
Location: Croatia, Europe
Senior Member
Account Moderator
Well, you could contact people in your school, explain that you probably won't know the results (from Oracle) by May 20th and see whether they are willing to prolong the term.
Re: interview dilemma [message #504613 is a reply to message #504612] Tue, 26 April 2011 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehemmc
Messages: 2
Registered: April 2011
Junior Member
Timing isn't an issue in order to begin to attend school in the Fall but if I don't accept the assistantship by May 20th, it will be offered to someone else...I may just have to wait until the date gets closer and decide what I need to do. Should I tell the interviewer about my dilemma or just keep it to myself. I really don't know how Oracle would view me bringing it up, and don't want to take any risk in missing an opportunity to work for Oracle. I'm also not sure how many more interviews will be required for this job.

The assistantship would reduce my overall costs by about $15,000.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2011 19:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: interview dilemma [message #507723 is a reply to message #504613] Tue, 17 May 2011 10:30 Go to previous message
pablolee
Messages: 2611
Registered: May 2007
Location: Scotland
Senior Member
Accept it, If you subsequently get the job at Oracle, then when you reject your position at college, they can offer the assisstantship to someone else.
Previous Topic: Informatica development or Pl-Sql Development
Next Topic: Senior Oracle DBA / Architect
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jul 22 20:54:34 CDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05693 seconds