Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle 10g report printing on Line Matrix printer (Oracle 10g , Windows)
Oracle 10g report printing on Line Matrix printer [message #503368] Fri, 15 April 2011 01:05 Go to next message
dhirajarti
1) I am able to view the oracle report in PDF format in my Web Application, but when I tried to print this PDF on Line matrix printer, the characters are not printing rightly.

2) Can I take report output as a text file and and print it through DOS mode printing.
Re: Oracle 10g report printing on Line Matrix printer [message #503374 is a reply to message #503368] Fri, 15 April 2011 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
[I guess this is related to your another question]

I don't see a way to print a PDF file (which is a bitmap) in a DOS mode on a matrix printer. Windows driver will always "draw" the output (which is terribly slow and noisy), not "fast print" it, so I guess you'll have to create a report in character mode if you want to do that.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is capable of saving a PDF as text (File - Save as text menu), but - as far as I can tell, formatting is lost, so that *might* be an option for a simple "textual" PDFs, but anything that contains tables, images etc. won't look very pretty.

But, on the other hand, I might be wrong.
Re: Oracle 10g report printing on Line Matrix printer [message #503376 is a reply to message #503374] Fri, 15 April 2011 01:36 Go to previous message
dhirajarti
Thanks for promt response.
How to make charcter report in 10g web application, and how to view in browser and take printout on local printer. I am using oracle application server 10g.
Previous Topic: Character report in Oracle 10g like report 6i
Next Topic: character in excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:32:35 CDT 2024