Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to solve ORA-03114
how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502813] Sun, 10 April 2011 03:17 Go to next message
kalpataru
hi all,
i am really astonished why this error is coming in this particular form.
i have developed two forms
first i have developed a web_util related function form in that form i am using this code
below in when-button-pressed

DECLARE
rowcol varchar(20);

cursor mm is
select ENAME from SCOTT.emp; ---------------but from this line it is showing error ORA-03114

BEGIN
for i in mm loop
exit when mm%notfound;
rowcol := i.ENAME;
end loop;
END;

then after getting this error i have developed another form for testing that error
in when-button-pressed i have written this code
DECLARE
CURSOR MM IS
SELECT ENAME FROM EMP;

BEGIN
GO_BLOCK('EMPGRID_BLK');
CLEAR_BLOCK(NO_VALIDATE);
LAST_RECORD();
FOR REC IN MM LOOP
EXIT WHEN MM%NOTFOUND;
:EMPGRID_BLK.TEXT_ENAME := REC.ENAME;
CREATE_RECORD();
END LOOP;
FIRST_RECORD();
END;
it is working fine.

please help me why that error is coming in the first form actually where is the problem
my forms version is := Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
database version is := Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0
os is windows xp sp2

any help is deeply appreciated please give proper/pin point solution.
i very hopeless by search in this error in net not getting any solution yet.

please reply...
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502814 is a reply to message #502813] Sun, 10 April 2011 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Dear,
Quote:

Select ENAME from SCOTT.emp; ---------------but from this line it is showing error ORA-03114

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

Cause: A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.
Action: Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check the program

Regards,
Irfan
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502827 is a reply to message #502814] Sun, 10 April 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
hi ranamirfan,
i know the error and the cause

but i want the solution to be specific.

please give me the solution.
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502851 is a reply to message #502827] Sun, 10 April 2011 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adeelali

kalpataru wrote on Sun, 10 April 2011 21:32
hi ranamirfan,
i know the error and the cause

but i want the solution to be specific.

please give me the solution.

Hi kalpataru
I think you are using 'PRE-FORM' or 'PRE-QUERY' Trigger on form or Block Level ..

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

A call to Oracle was attempted when no connection was established. Usually this happens because a user-written program has not logged on. It may happen if communication trouble causes a disconnection. In addition, this message could occur when ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION were issued with the IMMEDIATE qualifier because, in those cases, the client's connection to the database is terminated without waiting for the client to issue a request.

Try again. If the message recurs and the program is user written, check the program
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502863 is a reply to message #502851] Mon, 11 April 2011 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Dear,
Quote:

I know the error and the cause.

Check your's query,they run with out errors.
Select ENAME from SCOTT.emp;

Regards,
Irfan
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502908 is a reply to message #502851] Mon, 11 April 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kalpataru
hi ranamirfan,
i have already tested by writing
Select ENAME from SCOTT.emp;

not successful same error

and for adeelali i have not used any 'PRE-FORM' or 'PRE-QUERY'
in the block level..
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #502957 is a reply to message #502908] Mon, 11 April 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"scott.emp" suggests that you run the form connected (I guess you DID connect to the database, didn't you?) as a user different from SCOTT. If that's so, where are your and Scott's schema located? I presume they belong to the same database (otherwise you should have used a database link). I also suppose that Scott granted required privileges to you (SELECT, at least).

What happens if you create a synonym that points to Scott's EMP table and - in your form - use
select from emp
instead?

Just a note: as you use cursor FOR loop, you don't need EXIT statement - loop will exit itself, automatically.

Finally, what does Quote:
a web_util related function form
mean? What is a (web_util related) "function form"? What is a "function form"?
Re: how to solve ORA-03114 [message #503043 is a reply to message #502957] Tue, 12 April 2011 09:02 Go to previous message
kalpataru
hi Littlefoot,
i have written web_util related function form
why because in that form(which shows the error ORA-03114)
i have done the webutil function means i have created successfully the webutil related programs and webutil related programs running successfully.
but in the general form which have no related functions in that form the error is not there..

so i want solution of that error..
Previous Topic: how to protect my source query in forms trigger
Next Topic: ORA-01422
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:40:03 CDT 2024