Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » A problem with infinite loop in trigger.....Pliz solve my problem
A problem with infinite loop in trigger.....Pliz solve my problem [message #4292] Mon, 25 November 2002 12:32 Go to next message
Sudipta Choudhury
Dear freind,
I was design an web-page thrugh Java-Oracle combination; it is big site which calculates on many grounds and have a big database.... every calculations done through trigger & store procedure.It was run successfully from past few months.
But now for modification i was changed some triggers also change an INSTEAD OF insert trigger which includes a loop and i am test it by dry test and upload it , but when it first execute i.e the trigger was fired it would be goes on an infinite loop and thus the record was not seen on the table .Also when I try to delete or replace the trigger, I was failed to delete..... oracle shows an error message as follows:
ORA-04021 : timeout occured while waiting to lock object abc.gr_trigger
After a long period of two days teh record was inserted but the trigger's position is unchanged pliz sove my problem as soon as posible.
Re: A problem with infinite loop in trigger.....Pliz solve my problem [message #4309 is a reply to message #4292] Tue, 26 November 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay
Post your code so we can see where the problem is.
Re: A problem with infinite loop in trigger.....Pliz solve my problem [message #4352 is a reply to message #4309] Sun, 01 December 2002 23:45 Go to previous message
Sudipta Choudhury
Hi Jay
I can't know how to look in trace file .
Can u explain briefly ... Many many thanks for u'r reply . Pliz attach your mail id with the next mail.
Previous Topic: How write SQL(select) with a partitioned table
Next Topic: latest versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:32:21 CDT 2024