|Oracle DBA Position available (Seattle Metro) [message #496648]
||Tue, 01 March 2011 15:01
Registered: March 2011
Our job posting on Monster can also be found via this direct link: |
We are looking for an Oracle DBA to come and join our team.
Please send your resume to confidentialdba AT gmail DOT com
About the Job
Confidential Job Posting
Position: Oracle DBA
Location: Seattle, WA
We are a leading SaaS provider of process automation for some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world.
As a fast paced and forward thinking company, we demand a lot from our talented and leading-edge team and reward them with interesting work, lots of room to develop their talent, and a fun environment to work in.
The candidate will be part of a highly technical team of Senior Oracle DBAs and System Engineers and will be responsible for providing 24 x 7 rotational supports for the Oracle OLTP databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security. This job requires excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Due to the dynamic nature of the business, self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly are essential.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with strong experience on RH Linux Oracle 10GR2 or 11G, coupled with a desire to excel and join our growing team of talented DBAs and Engineers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, health benefits and vacation time. If you think you would like to be part of our smart and energetic team then apply today!
Core Job Description
· 24 x 7 support of production OLTP database services on a rotational basis
· Daily work load is composed of 90% administration with 10% PL/SQL work.
· Proactively performance monitor, report, and tune Oracle databases to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
· Working with the Application Engineering team to troubleshoot and diagnose Oracle related issues such as: Oracle waits, IO Contention, Concurrency issues, SQL Query tuning
· Assist in project planning, provisioning of Oracle databases for version migration purposes as well as disaster recovery planning.
· Resource monitoring and capacity planning
· Management and maintenance of backup and recovery procedures (RMAN and traditional)
· Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout, patches and upgrades.
Skills and Experience
· Possess in-depth knowledge of 10GR2 or 11G with production OLTP support experience in a multi-project environment.
· Experience with Unix/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
· Oracle RMAN, Import/Export (Data Pump is desired)
· Performance tuning skills including server configuration, Oracle Trace, Oracle Waits analysis, Oracle ASH analysis, Oracle plans
· Experience working with multiple projects/tasks and able to self-prioritize to ensure tasks are completed with minimal supervision
· In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL language
· Experience supporting multiple teams within a business, including Software Engineers and Line of Business Managers
· Excellent communicator - verbal and written
· Process oriented - able to create and maintain quality documentation to ensure repeatable procedures/processes
· Have access to own transportation - occasional local travels between multiple Seattle offices may be required
· Self motivated
· Working knowledge of Oracle Streams is desired
· Oracle OCP Certification is desired
· An interest in data warehousing is desired
· BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related technical field is desired
· This is a full-time (exempt) position.
· Candidate must be either a US citizen or a US permanent resident.
· Employment in this position is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.