Home » Other » Client Tools » How to transfer data from sql to oracle (Sql 2005)
How to transfer data from sql to oracle [message #489608] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:16 Go to next message
rahulpatel112
Hello friends,
want to transfer data from sql to oracle having same structure in both database.
Please guide me how can i do that..
Re: How to transfer data from sql to oracle [message #489609 is a reply to message #489608] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If "sql" means "SQL Server" you can use SQL Developper.
Or you can "dump" the data in csv files and use SQL*Loader to load them into Oracle.
Or you can use HS (Heterogeneous Services) to load them from Oracle using a database link.

Regards
Michel
Re: How to transfer data from sql to oracle [message #489611 is a reply to message #489609] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulpatel112
thanx Michel Cadot

here sql means SQL Server..
but data will be added every hour in sql database table and want to transfer continuosly.
whenever the data is available in sql server table i should b transferred immediately.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2011 01:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to transfer data from sql to oracle [message #489614 is a reply to message #489611] Tue, 18 January 2011 01:55 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you don't post a question relative to the actual problem then you have not the answer to the problem.

HS seems to me to be the only built-in way I know but I don't know the tools available in SQL Server. Is there any tools that is able to be triggered when a commit is done (which is the meaning of "whenever the data is available") in SQL Server?
If "whenever the data is available" does not mean "commit time" then precise what you mean.

You have to describe IN DETAILS what is your functional and technical need.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: How to import an excel file to database table using TOAD
Next Topic: SQL*Plus immediately prompts for value while using &variable_name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:39:29 CDT 2024