Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Listener issue (oracle 10g ,unix)
Listener issue [message #488408] Fri, 07 January 2011 04:05 Go to next message
dbaoracleinin
Hello guys,

I was facing listener startup issue(not able to start listener)
i checked all ,it seems ok,i changed oracle home say from
orahome_A to orahome_B (change oracle env var and moved/renamed directories orahome_A to orahome_B)
this issue resolved(listener working)but when i put back oracle home to orahome_A ,i face same issue

any idea how listener is getting impacted with oracle home

I checked .profile ,env var oracle home set correctly in both the cases

thanks
Re: Listener issue [message #488409 is a reply to message #488408] Fri, 07 January 2011 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Explaining what you did really helps nothing.
Post what you did. Your session. The error messages.

Re: Listener issue [message #488410 is a reply to message #488409] Fri, 07 January 2011 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbaoracleinin
There was no error messages at all in log or trace ,just listener was hanging ,after changing oracle home it never hanged
Re: Listener issue [message #488415 is a reply to message #488408] Fri, 07 January 2011 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
moved/renamed directories orahome_A to orahome_B

Not a good idea! The path may be embedded in many places (such as your OUI inventory, sqlnet files, instance parameters.....) I wouldn't expect the Oracle Home to function after moving it.
Re: Listener issue [message #488417 is a reply to message #488415] Fri, 07 January 2011 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbaoracleinin
it function without issue,i moved just for check and fixing issue
,i had also uninstall and install oracle using different oracle homes,when installing in oraclehome_A faced same issue ,but when install in oraclehome_B no issue
also while de-installing oracle with oraclehome_A ,while deinstalling netca component it seems given some error
but when de-installing oracle with oraclehome_B no such error
i wanto know does oracle home have any impact functioning of listener or possible some processes using oracle home value running becomes zombie etc
Re: Listener issue [message #488419 is a reply to message #488417] Fri, 07 January 2011 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I've already wasted my time because your explanation of what you did was not clear. You need to do as Mahesh suggests, I don't think anyone can understand what you actually did or what your problem is.
Re: Listener issue [message #488420 is a reply to message #488419] Fri, 07 January 2011 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbaoracleinin
If your not understanding this some problem with u
i think u had not seen my reply there was no error messages i already replied,its simple i dont know why u dont understand ,I simply renamed oracle home(moved) to different name
(to rule out your doubt i also mention that i had uninstall and re-install oracle setting different oracle home
values,if oracle home value is set orahome_A it gives issue with any other name it dont give issue)
Re: Listener issue [message #488427 is a reply to message #488420] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
any idea how listener is getting impacted with oracle home

I can give you
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14213/listener.htm
Quote:
there was no error messages

Quote:
while deinstalling netca component it seems given some error

This is why we are asking Quote:
"Post what you did. Your session. The error messages."

Quote:

May be the problem resides On your keyboard.
So don`t try to type this kind of words."u".Just read the Documents.That will give you complete/clear picture About Oracle DB.

Finally The answer is there is nothing( no listener) to start.

Don`t Use IM speak.

Sriram
Re: Listener issue [message #488428 is a reply to message #488427] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbaoracleinin
if i have to read the documents why should i come to forums
Re: Listener issue [message #488429 is a reply to message #488428] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Because it is a PREREQUISITE to come to forums.
Forums is NOT a replacement to documentation study.
If everyone behaves the same way than you then no one will be able to answer to forum questions.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2011 06:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Listener issue [message #488430 is a reply to message #488428] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
if i have to read the documents why should i come to forums.

Good Question!.
1) Forum are not for complete solutions or To do your work.
2) Forums will give you clue/hints not complete solution.
3) In order to give you hints forum required some proper communication and what exactly you performed.
4) Never ever depend on the Internet read/learn the concepts this wy one day you will be in a position to answer
some other people like you.
5) You don`t have any rights to insult/shout on other forum members.
6) etc....

Sriram

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2011 06:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Listener issue [message #488431 is a reply to message #488430] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
The best answer I can give you to your question is
YOU WILL NOT BE FIRED IF YOU KNOW THE CONCEPTS BEHIND THE ERROR/ISSUE
Re: Listener issue [message #488432 is a reply to message #488430] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbaoracleinin
I never shouted or insulted any member of the forum,basically i feel anyone taking help of forum,is working on some issue and have limited time and want to get some help from experience people in the forum so can resolve issue as fast as possible,and its optional for any one in the forum to reply or not to reply ,i think if we reply what ever we feel
possible cause or solution will be helpful ,instead on keep on asking questions and informations all the time will be wasted in answering questions and giving information instead of working on issue ,and most of time i had seen information asked is generic and not all seems to help in solving the issue,in present case i had told repeatedly that there was no error in logs,even i had turn on trace and no error seen,there might be some scenerio which can lead to this issue hoping that some one had experienced this and can share the same ,if i had seen some error possible i could had solved this issue without coming to forum,from the present post it is evident that how much time i am wasting in all this discussions and providing answers and information instead of getting help on issue,may be same members when get into some issue and will be asked such questions will realize
Re: Listener issue [message #488434 is a reply to message #488432] Fri, 07 January 2011 06:57 Go to previous message
ramoradba
Quote:
I never shouted or insulted any member of the forum,

I personally take this as an Insult/shout
Quote:

Quote:
instead on keep on asking questions and informations all the time will be wasted in answering questions and giving information instead of working on issue ,and most of time i had seen information asked is generic and not all seems to help in solving the issue....

Things can happen In different situations.
more over forum members are not working on your environment to know what you did and what happened at that moment.
So it is normal to ask OP to post the requirement.listener file resides in $oracle_home sub directories.

SO the answer depends on what you have changed before/after on the dependent directories.

You can`t imagine how people help you if you provide them whatever required.

You are on your own now.
I am sorry If my words hurt you.

Regards
Sriram
Previous Topic: TNS-01251: Cannot set trace/log directory under ADR
Next Topic: ORA-3136 freequently in oracle db alert log file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:01:23 CDT 2024