Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Performance hit of the application after moving the DB server (oracle 9i, 10g, forms 10g/9i, AS9i)
Performance hit of the application after moving the DB server [message #487140] Thu, 23 December 2010 02:45 Go to next message
rajesh4851
Hi friends,
I have one problem regarding the application performance.
My application is created using forms,reports 10g and application server 9i. Currently we are using the oracle database version 9i. Both application server and database server (in windows box) are located (physical) in California, US .

Now we upgraded the database to orcle 10g ( in unix box) and it is located in Hamburg, Germany. Still the application server is in California US.
I observed in the application during the query of data it is taking more time(almost 5 mins more) than the old one. (9i)

Pls let me know what could be the reason for this?
Is it because application server and database server in different locations or compatibility problem for forms 10g, AS9i with oracle 10g ?
Re: Performance hit of the application after moving the DB server [message #487151 is a reply to message #487140] Thu, 23 December 2010 03:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It could be both.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: archive log
Next Topic: Optimizing select from view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:49:09 CDT 2024