Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Creating data link using a column only selected in one group
Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486255] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:44 Go to next message
davholla
I have a report with 2 groups Gheader and Glines.

The report looks at PO headers and lines. I want to create a data link from the the 2 queries based on the line id in po_lines_all.
However I only want to select this in the lines query so I do not get repeating records at the header query.

Does this make sense? If so, how do I do this?
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486256 is a reply to message #486255] Tue, 14 December 2010 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Not really.

Are you talking about oracle reports or oracle discoverer?
What's the relationship between the two tables? We do not have your tables.
Are they oracle apps tables?
You're going to have to flesh this out with more details if you want help.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486265 is a reply to message #486256] Tue, 14 December 2010 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davholla
cookiemonster wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 14:51
Not really.

Are you talking about oracle reports or oracle discoverer?
What's the relationship between the two tables? We do not have your tables.
Are they oracle apps tables?
You're going to have to flesh this out with more details if you want help.

Thanks for the help.

Oracle reports.

They are Oracle apps.

SELECT  distinct decode(:P_sortby, 'PO NUMBER', null, poh.document_buyer_last_name)

,        decode(:P_sortby, 'PO NUMBER', null, poh.document_buyer_first_name)

,        decode(:po_num_type,'NUMERIC', null, poh.po_num)

,        decode(:po_num_type,'NUMERIC', decode(rtrim(poh.po_num,'0123456789'),NULL,to_number(poh.po_num),-1), null)

,           poh.po_type                                                               poh_po_type

,        por.release_type                                                                poh_release_type

,        poh.po_num || decode(poh.po_type,'RELEASE','-'|| por.release_num,null)                                                               poh_po_num

,        poh.po_num                                                         security_poh_po_num

,        por.release_num                                                   security_por_po_num

,        poh.revision_num                                                          poh_revision_num

,        poh.vendor_name                                                           poh_vendor_name

,        poh.vendor_address_line1                                                  poh_vendor_address_line1

,        poh.vendor_address_line2                                                  poh_vendor_address_line2

,        poh.vendor_address_line3                                                  poh_vendor_address_line3

,        decode(poh.vendor_city,null,poh.vendor_state||' '|| poh.vendor_postal_code

,        poh.vendor_city||', '||poh.vendor_state||' ' || poh.vendor_postal_code) poh_vendor_adr_info

,        poh.vendor_country                                                        poh_vendor_country

,        poh.customer_num                                                          poh_customer

,        poh.vendor_num                                                            poh_vendor_num

,        poh.creation_date                                                         poh_creation_date

,        poh.revised_date                                                          poh_revised_date

--For BUG#3516972.Added a substr for the poh_buyer,poh_archive_buyer (outermost substr) with --parameter equal to the length of the buyer_name field in the report layout for normal completion of --the report.

,     substr(substr(poh.document_buyer_first_name,1,1) ||' '||poh.document_buyer_last_name,1,12)               poh_buyer

,    substr(trim(substr(poh.archive_buyer_first_name,1,1) ||' '||poh.archive_buyer_last_name) ,1,12) poh_archive_buyer

,        poh.document_buyer_agent_id                               poh_agent_id

,        poh.payment_terms                                                         poh_payment_terms

,        poh.ship_via                                                              poh_ship_via

,        poh.fob                                                                   poh_fob

,        poh.freight_terms                                                         poh_freight_terms

,        substr(poh.vendor_contact_first_name,1,1)||' '||substr(poh.vendor_contact_last_name ,1,10) poh_vendor_contact_name

,        poh.vendor_phone                                                          poh_vendor_phone

,        poh.vendor_contact_phone                                                  poh_vendor_contact_phone

,        poh.note_to_vendor                                                        poh_note_to_vendor

,        poh.printed_date                                                          poh_printed_date

,        poh.amount_agreed                                                         poh_amount_agreed

,        poh.cancel_flag                                                           poh_cancel_flag

,        poh.confirming_order_flag                                                 poh_confirming_order_flag

,        poh.acceptance_required_flag                                              poh_acceptance_req_flag

,        poh.acceptance_due_date                                                   poh_acceptance_due_date

,        poh.currency_code                                                         poh_currency_code   

,        poh.currency_code                                                         C_CURRENCY

,        poh.currency_name                                                         poh_currency_name

,        poh.currency_conversion_rate                                              poh_currency_conversion_rate

,        poh.bill_to_location_id                                                   poh_bill_to_location

,        pla.ship_to_location_id                                                   poh_ship_to_location

--,        poh.ship_to_location_id                                                   poh_ship_to_location

,        poh.po_header_id                                                          poh_po_header_id

,        poh.po_release_id                                                         poh_po_release_id

,        poh.po_type                                                               poh_po_type

,        poh.approved_flag                               poh_approved_flag

,        poh.print_count                                                           poh_print_count

,        poh.effective_date                                                        poh_effective_date

,        poh.expiration_date                                                       poh_expiration_date

,        nvl(poh.po_release_id,-1)                                             poh_join_release_id

,        poh.vendor_site_id                                    poh_vendor_site_id

,        poh.vendor_id                                                          poh_vendor_id

,      poh.po_header_id poh_po_header_id

, pll.po_line_id poh_line_id

FROM     po_headers_print                    poh        

,        po_releases          por

,po_line_locations_all pla, po_lines_all pll

WHERE    poh.po_release_id   = por.po_release_id (+)
AND poh.po_header_id = pla.po_header_id

and pll.po_header_id = poh.po_header_id

and pll.po_line_id = pla.po_line_id

and not upper (pll.item_description) like '%POSTAGE%FEE%'

--

AND    (  nvl(por.release_num,-1)

BETWEEN nvl(:P_release_num_from,nvl(por.release_num,-1))

AND     nvl(:P_release_num_to,nvl(por.release_num,-1))

OR    poh.po_type != 'RELEASE')

AND      poh.document_buyer_agent_id                        = nvl(:P_agent_id,poh.document_buyer_agent_id)

AND   ( poh.release_date is NULL

OR   trunc(poh.release_date)

BETWEEN nvl(:P_date_from, trunc(poh.release_date)) 

AND     nvl(:P_date_to, trunc(poh.release_date) + 1) )

AND      nvl(poh.approved_flag,'N')   = nvl(:P_approved_flag,nvl(poh.approved_flag,'N'))

AND   ((nvl(:P_print_releases,'Y') = 'Y') or (nvl(:P_print_releases,'Y') = 'N' and poh.po_type != 'RELEASE'))

AND nvl(poh.consigned_consumption_flag, 'N') <> 'Y'

AND nvl(por.consigned_consumption_flag, 'N') <> 'Y'

&where_performance

&where_clause

&C_ec_where_clause

&p_language_where

ORDER BY 1,2,3,4

And the second query

SELECT  distinct pol.line_num                   pol_line_num

,        pol.po_item_id                 pol_po_item_id

,        pol.revision_num               pol_item_revision

,        pol.vendor_product_num         pol_vendor_product_num

,       pol.item_description         pol_item_description

,        round(pol.quantity_to_print,:P_QTY_PRECISION)          pol_quantity_to_print

,        nvl(&p_uom_col_name, pol.unit_of_measure)            pol_unit_of_measure

,        pol.price_to_print             pol_price_to_print

,        pol.amount_to_print            C_AMOUNT_POL

,        round(pol.quantity_comitted,:P_QTY_PRECISION)          pol_quantity_comitted

,        pol.un_number_and_desc         pol_un_number_and_desc

,        pol.hazard_class               pol_hazard_class

,        pol.cancel_flag                pol_cancel_flag

,        pol.cancel_date                pol_cancel_date

,        pol.note_to_vendor             pol_note_to_vendor

,        pol.contract_num               pol_contract_num

,        pol.po_quote_num               pol_po_quote_num

,        pol.vendor_quote_num           pol_vendor_quote_num

,        pol.quotation_line             pol_quotation_line

,        pol.po_header_id               pol_po_header_id

,        pol.po_line_id                 pol_po_line_id

,        rownum                         pol_row_num

,        pol.line_type                 pol_line_type

,        nvl(pol.po_release_id,-1)            pol_join_release_id

,      nvl(pol.src_ga_flag,'N')       pol_src_ga_flag

,      pol.from_header_id               pol_from_header_id

,      pol.from_line_id                   pol_from_line_id

,        pla.ship_to_location_id                                                   poh_ship_to_location

, pll.po_line_id

FROM     po_lines_print pol  , po_lines_all pll

,po_line_locations_all pla

WHERE   &cancel_where_clause

AND decode ( :poh_po_type, 'BLANKET', decode(:P_BLANKET_LINES, 'Y' , -1, -2),

'PLANNED', decode(:P_BLANKET_LINES, 'Y' , -1, -2),

'CONTRACT', decode(:P_BLANKET_LINES, 'Y' , -1, -2), 

-1 )      = -1

---Added lines to get the correct line id

AND pla.po_header_id = pol.po_header_id

-- Get the correct values

AND pll.po_header_id= pol.po_header_id

AND pla.po_line_id= pol.po_line_id

/*

AND pla.po_line_id = pol.po_line_id

and pll.po_line_id = pla.po_line_id

*/

order by  pol.line_num

Now I want to link them based on the field po_lines_all.po_line_id
However I do NOT want this to be selected in the first query
as it means that I get multiple rows in the report.

Does that make sense?
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486274 is a reply to message #486265] Tue, 14 December 2010 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
davholla wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 15:45

Now I want to link them based on the field po_lines_all.po_line_id

Link what to what exactly?
I don't have the apps tables, nor do most of the experts on this site as most of don't work with apps. You need to either explan your data model clearly or post in the oracle apps forums where people already know this information.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486276 is a reply to message #486274] Tue, 14 December 2010 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davholla
I want to create a data link in the report based on 3 fields selected in the child query but I only want to select 2 of the fields in the parent query.

So the data model is select fields a,b,c etc of table1, table2 and link table1.fieldy to the child query.

I can not really explain it another way - don't worry about if you don't understand it.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486294 is a reply to message #486276] Tue, 14 December 2010 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
If I don't understand it's unlikely anyone else reading this will either.

Looks suspiciously like you're joining the header query to po_lines_all to ensure that only headers that have a particular type of child record (po_lines_all) are returned.
Sound right?
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486315 is a reply to message #486294] Tue, 14 December 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davholla
cookiemonster wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 17:48
If I don't understand it's unlikely anyone else reading this will either.

Looks suspiciously like you're joining the header query to po_lines_all to ensure that only headers that have a particular type of child record (po_lines_all) are returned.
Sound right?

Thanks for the persistence.
Yes that is right.
The child query is joined by po_header_id and po_line_id.
However I do not want to select po_line_id at header level as then I get several rows (one for each line) but at the moment if I do not this I can not form that data link.
However without this data link the child query picks up too many rows.
But with selecting the po_line_id at header level the header has too many rows (one for each po_line_id).

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2010 12:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486322 is a reply to message #486315] Tue, 14 December 2010 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So use an exists sub-query in the header query to restrict rather than joining to po_lines_all directly.
Include po_lines_all as a normal join in the detail query.
No need to include columns from po_lines_all in the select part of the header and no need to use as a join column in the data model.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486448 is a reply to message #486255] Wed, 15 December 2010 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davholla
Thanks but that will not solve the issue.

I obviously have not explained it properly.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486449 is a reply to message #486448] Wed, 15 December 2010 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Obviously not. Maybe you should try explaining why it won't do what you want.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486452 is a reply to message #486255] Wed, 15 December 2010 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davholla
Let me explain it better.
Query 1 (Qheaders) is linked to Q2 (Qlines).
Here are some scenarios
Scenario 1) If I link it via the line id then if a PO has 5 lines Qlines gives 5 lines which is correct.

Scenario 2)If I don't do this and link it via the header I get a cartesian products with all possible links.

The problem is that to create the link I have to select the line id at header level. This causes the header to print 5 times if there are 5 lines but if I don't have the link I get the problem in scenario (2) again.
Re: Creating data link using a column only selected in one group [message #486454 is a reply to message #486452] Wed, 15 December 2010 11:35 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Trouble is that makes no sense.

This sounds like a basic master detail scenario - table A (qheaders) links to 1 or more records in table B (qlines) via a set of common columns.
As long as you select the common columns in both and use them to do the link you will only get the revelant detail lines.

You should never need to select columns from the detail query in the master query.

So you're going to have to explain why your specific case deviates from this basic concept.
Previous Topic: Selective sorting on report group
Next Topic: Oracle Scheduling of reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:32:51 CDT 2024