Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory
Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #46649] Mon, 21 June 2004 13:38 Go to next message
Duane
Anyone here use the Oracle 9i LDAP feature to connect to a Microsoft Acitve Directory for authentication?

I'm trying to find someone who has connected to an Active Directory using LDAP. I take it Oracle 9i Enterprise edition can do it without having to buy OID.

Anything to get me pointed in the right direction.
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #46650 is a reply to message #46649] Mon, 21 June 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
I've done it to Netscape and it was fine. The main points were:
1.) install LDAP packages ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catldap.sql)
2.)get the right base (look at typical entries your address book e.g. uid=scott,ou=Manufacturing,o=ACME Corp,c=US) The format can vary quite a bit.
3.) See the sample code in $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/demo/plsql

A simple test is to do a simple bind
declare
      v_session  DBMS_LDAP.SESSION;
      v_dn       VARCHAR2 (80) := 'uid='||v_user||',' || v_base;
      v_server   VARCHAR2 (40) := 'xyz.abc.com';
      v_port     VARCHAR2 (4) := '389';
begin
      DBMS_LDAP.use_exception    := TRUE;
      v_session                  := DBMS_LDAP.init (v_server, v_port);
      retval                     := DBMS_LDAP.simple_bind_s (v_session, v_dn, p_pass);
      ignore                     := DBMS_LDAP.unbind_s (v_session);

IF retval = 0
      THEN
      ELSE
      END IF;
END;
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #46696 is a reply to message #46650] Thu, 24 June 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duane
Ok, I got the base figured out and all but I'm getting a ORA-31202: DBMS_LDAP: LDAP client/server error: Sizelimit exceeded error when I run the DBMS_LDAP search example. I increased the OPT_SIZELIMIT parameter but that didn't help.

Any thoughts?
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #47944 is a reply to message #46696] Mon, 04 October 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remo Laubacher
With DBMS_LDAP you can't change that parameter, because the function ldap_search_ext is not wrapped (this function has an additinal parameter which ldap_search(_s and _st) doesn't have..

Because of that you have to increase that maximum number of results per page on the server side. The Parameter is called MaxPageSize. Look at this page to find out how to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271088

Remo
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #323558 is a reply to message #46649] Wed, 28 May 2008 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hoterder
ORA-31202: DBMS_LDAP: Sizelimit exceeded

Este error viene provocado por una limitacion del Active Directory, ya que por defecto no puede devolver mas de un numero maximo de resultados en una consulta SEARCH.

Una posible solucion es recorrer mediante 2 bucles las letras del alfabeto y hacer consultas que empiecen por cada una de estas letras. En esta direccion podeis ver un ejemplo: http://hoterder.blogspot.com/2008/05/dbmsldap-obtener-todos-los-usuarios-del.html
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #323591 is a reply to message #323558] Wed, 28 May 2008 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Please, keep this in English.
Also, there's questionnable usefulness in answering 4 year old posts.
Re: Oracle 9i database LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory [message #323700 is a reply to message #323591] Thu, 29 May 2008 05:03 Go to previous message
hoterder
Frank wrote on Thu, 29 May 2008 06:19
Please, keep this in English.
Also, there's questionnable usefulness in answering 4 year old posts.

Sorry.

ORA-31202: DBMS_LDAP: Sizelimit exceeded

This error is caused by a limitation of Active Directory, since default can not return over a maximum number of results in a query SEARCH.

One possible solution is to go through 2 loops letters of the alphabet and make querys that begin with each of these letters. In this direction you can see an example: http://hoterder.blogspot.com/2008/05/dbmsldap-obtener-todos-los-usuarios-del.html
Previous Topic: External Table
Next Topic: distinct case statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 06:40:59 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06844 seconds