Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page (reports 10g)
How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page [message #483372] Sun, 21 November 2010 08:34 Go to next message
blablared
Hi,
This is what i want to do:

I have a basic report looking like this:
<Column name>
value 1
value 2
value 3
value n

Since the column is small it can fit in a page more then one time. I know how to make it print more then once: i switch the repeating frame to print down and across and i modify the frame that contains it so the horizontal elasticity is variable.

After these changes my report looks like this:
<Column name>
value 1-----------------------value n+1-----------------------value m+1
value 2-----------------------value n+2-----------------------value m+2
value 3-----------------------value n+3-----------------------...
.------------------------------- .
value n-----------------------value m

What i want is my report to look like this:

<Column name>-------<Column name>------------<Column name>
value 1-----------------------value n+1-----------------------value m+1
value 2-----------------------value n+2-----------------------value m+2
value 3-----------------------value n+3-----------------------...
value n-----------------------value m

Would welcome any advice on how to achieve this please.
Thank you.
Re: How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page [message #483434 is a reply to message #483372] Mon, 22 November 2010 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I created a sample report based on EMP table that belongs to Scott's schema.

In order to repeat column headings, create a repeating frame that will surround column heading. Repeating frame should have the following properties set:
- Source: the same group as its column
- Print direction: across
- Vertical Elasticity: fixed
- Horizontal Elasticity: variable

I tried to illustrate it; I hope you'll get the idea:

/forum/fa/8455/0/

This is how it looks when the report is executed (obviously, you'll need to adjust heading - column alignment):

/forum/fa/8457/0/

Re: How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page [message #483530 is a reply to message #483434] Mon, 22 November 2010 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blablared
Hi Littlefoot, thank you for your answer. This indeed brings me close to what i want to achieve, but with one problem still.
I fallowed the same steps you described and the columns look good, but now the report continues to print blank pages except the header.
As i understand it prints the header for each record in the group that had the column.
The report i created had the query based on table EMPLOYEES belonging to HR schema.
Table has 107 records, wich will print on one page with 4 columns but the report continues till page 27 (printing the header 3 times on page 27).

Did i maybe miss something ? Or is there a way to stop the report after all records have been printed?
Re: How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page [message #483574 is a reply to message #483530] Tue, 23 November 2010 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Maybe you missed something.

I did that once again, and everything seems to be OK.

/forum/fa/8469/0/

Here's the report (created with Builder 10g (9.0.4) so I guess you'll be able to open it).
Re: How to make the name of a column appear as many times as the column on page [message #483631 is a reply to message #483574] Tue, 23 November 2010 11:09 Go to previous message
blablared
Thank you very much for your help.
I got it working.
The example you uploaded was very helpful.
Previous Topic: Text Bold (merged)
Next Topic: How do I modify an xml template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:30:32 CDT 2024