Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » 11GR2 RAC TAF,FCF (oracle,11gr2,aix)
11GR2 RAC TAF,FCF [message #479711] Mon, 18 October 2010 15:47 Go to next message
areeb
Hi Gurus,

Suppose if i create a service with srvctl add service and enabled it as TAF ,and use it to connect to 11gr2 RAC database from JDBC thin client.the instance to which connection got established got failed or crashed and the session will failover to other node and the result of the query will be return back ,this is TAF and its working with thin client and this is my understanding.So even with JDBC thin driver it is giving me the resultset after reestabilshing the connection to surviving instance so what is it that JDBC thin client doesn't support w.r.t TAF and OCI supports it,because even same thing will happen with or does(session failover)by OCI,correct?how is TAF different then FCF?Please help me in understanding this concept of jdbc thin and OCI and FCF.

Thanks

Re: 11GR2 RAC TAF,FCF [message #479948 is a reply to message #479711] Wed, 20 October 2010 07:39 Go to previous message
mkounalis
Jdbc thin supports taf if you use oracle's jar/class file. Taf only relates to simple select statements - nothing else. FCF is a framework that allows you to write code that can potentially handle a failed node while doing any kind of dml. These concepts are all well documented in the numerous docs and manuals at docs.oracle.com.
Previous Topic: Inserting large data locks the destination table in RAC
Next Topic: RAC to Single Instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:15:11 CDT 2024