Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values (DB11g, AS10g)
ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #477130] Tue, 28 September 2010 23:06 Go to next message
rkgoyal98

Hello,

We have recently shifted our database from 10G to 11G and after the intial hickups most of the thinghs have stablised. We had changed system by Alter System command so that database does not have case sensevity problem and with that all the reports from the forams have also stabilied
However some of the forms are failing with the above error
ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values

These form are running fine with users having DBA privelege. However other users this is failing.

We have also checked that with users not having DBA privelege we are able to read the data in the table within the form also.
The query in the record group is very simple

"SELECT CODE,SHORTDESC FROM GENCODES WHERE CODETYPE='BS' AND CODE <> '00'"

All these forms were fine previously when database was on 10g.

Moreover there are many other fields where list of values are there and allthose are ruing fine.

I have also checked datatype and length in query as well as fields on the form

Kindly tell me how can i resolve this
Regards
Re: ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #477145 is a reply to message #477130] Wed, 29 September 2010 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, you could try to delete both List of Values and the Record Group. Then create them from scratch, so that you'd do EVERYTHING new (query, column mappings). I can't tell it'll help, but - there's nothing smart I can suggest.
Re: ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #477224 is a reply to message #477145] Wed, 29 September 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkgoyal98

Hi,

Thsnks for the quick response, I had tried that too but not able to solve the problem. Strangely enough in one of the form the same list of values is working fine for all the users and i had compared all the properties in lov, record group and field in the form, everything is same.
It looks realy weird.

Rajeev
Re: ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #477261 is a reply to message #477224] Wed, 29 September 2010 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When compiling the form: did you compile all (Ctrl + Shift + K)?
Re: ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #478675 is a reply to message #477261] Mon, 11 October 2010 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkgoyal98

Thanks,

I always do that, i find that these forms have no problem if user is having dba privelage.
Regards
Re: ORACLE ERROR Unable to read list of values [message #478696 is a reply to message #478675] Tue, 12 October 2010 01:35 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Strange; no idea. Perhaps you could raise a SR on Metalink?
Previous Topic: Table Oriented User Rights
Next Topic: Deleting a uploaded file from server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:14:01 CDT 2024