Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Viewing the last query which reports ran
Viewing the last query which reports ran [message #476686] Fri, 24 September 2010 09:31 Go to next message
ahazin
hi guys, im just starting out on reports, I have my report all set up and it takes in parameters etc however it sometimes does some weird things and I was wondering if there is a way to perhaps put something in the after report trigger or something which I can do to allow me to check the query the was run by my report. Sometimes it brings back no rows when it should be bringing back something thus I would like to see the query it has executed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Viewing the last query which reports ran [message #476706 is a reply to message #476686] Fri, 24 September 2010 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I'd do a sql trace of the session in the database personally.
Re: Viewing the last query which reports ran [message #476804 is a reply to message #476686] Sun, 26 September 2010 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahazin
Thanks, is this difficult to do? if not do you have any guidance on how this could be done with toad? I assume I would perhaps need access to the remote servers the database is on, is this correct?

Sorry if thats a silly question.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 04:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Viewing the last query which reports ran [message #476815 is a reply to message #476804] Sun, 26 September 2010 08:20 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Well the link I posted above shows some ways of turning it on and off.
TOAD I believe has tools to do the same but it's been a long time since I've used it. See if it's got a session monitor.
You will need access to the DB servers to get the trace file.
Suggest you talk to your DBA.
Previous Topic: ordering problem in query with hyperlink
Next Topic: SRW.MESSAGE in Report 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:48:05 CDT 2024