Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » FRM-40831 error in oracle forms 5
FRM-40831 error in oracle forms 5 [message #45921] Tue, 27 April 2004 03:53 Go to next message
Karthikeyan
I am using Oracle forms 5. I have created a database block for a table which has more than 5 lakh records. The number of records displayed in a page is 20 and if i start scrolling down after say 2 lakh records i am getting the following error. "FRM-40831. Truncation occured. Value too large for field." I came to know that this is memory error. Could anyone help me how can i write the records which i have read into a file in local machine instead of memory. In oracle help this has been mentioned as the file used will be default temp file. Please let me know the directory where this temp file will be created.

cheers,

karthik

Re: FRM-40831 error in oracle forms 5 [message #45922 is a reply to message #45921] Tue, 27 April 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeslie
Karthik,

"FRM-40831. Truncation occured. Value too large for field."

This is not a Memory Error, but Size Problem. Any of the field you are using has less width?

Ex. U have a Text Description size char 10.

If your Query fetches a value for Description with size 12 then U get this Error. Identify the Field and increase the size.

Thanks
Re: FRM-40831 error in oracle forms 5 [message #45926 is a reply to message #45922] Tue, 27 April 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthikeyan
Thanks for ur reply.
But the actual scenerio is not like that. I have checked all the field length. It is perfectly okay. I have tested by adding 1000 records and i am getting the error some 1000 records before while scrolling down. I am sure that, the error is getting triggered when once the number of records (ie., bytes read) reaches a particular limit.
There is one more parameter in forms at block level which is meant for setting 'no of records buffered', the forms help for this will be helpful to analyse the cause for this error.
tns:packet writer failure [message #46206 is a reply to message #45921] Fri, 21 May 2004 05:13 Go to previous message
chandra sekar
hai every body!
i have working in form6i and i use the data block then the window display (username,password,database).
i willgiven all details then the application
raise the following error.
ora-12571:tns:packet writter failure.
anybody know this answer pls help to me.
Previous Topic: I want to fetch date by passing this week number as 3 and day as TUESDAY
Next Topic: dbms_output.put_line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:57:51 CDT 2024