Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Second page printed blank if no data displayed (Report Builder (Developer 6i))
Second page printed blank if no data displayed [message #475644] Thu, 16 September 2010 07:50
mark771
Hi All!
I'm trying to get working a two-page report where second page is displayed conditionally. Unfortunately the first page is filling up the entire 11x8.5 area and I can't put there the data needed on the second page+Page Break Before option.
Now what I'm doing:
- the Main Layout Section has 2 vertical panels per page
- the main repeating frame is stretched across two panels (vertical flexibility: variable)
- one data frame fits into 1 panel
- another frame is on the second panel having conditional format trigger
(both are inside the repeating frame)
It works fine if there's something to print on the second page (if format trigger returns TRUE), but if there's nothing to print, a blank page is printed. Can you help me how to get rid of it? I want the system to print second page only if it isn't empty and I don't need blank pages.
Interesting fact - if my report is selecting multiple records, some with second page data and some without, no blank pages are printed in the middle, only one is printed n the very end....
Thanks!
Previous Topic: send the report output via mail
Next Topic: How to Create a Master Detail Report in Discoverer10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:26:41 CDT 2024