Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » problem with destype=File
problem with destype=File [message #473162] Thu, 26 August 2010 07:45 Go to next message
kalid
Hello.

I have a report developed in Reports 6 (I know, it's time to move on, but the project is too big to migrate to another version; yet...). The parameter form has the parameter DESTYPE.
If I choose "File", the report is saved in the location I specified in DESNAME, as 'pdf'. When I try to open the file, I receive the message "Adobe Reader could not open file because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged, (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasnt correctly encoded) ". I find the file, but I can not open it.
If I choose "Screen", I preview the report, then, from the menu I choose "Generate to FILE... PDF", the file is saved and I can open it.

I've noticed something else. I did not use Report Parameter Form; I did a form who call the report; I choose in the form to save the report in a file and it works! I can open the file.

I suppose there is a parameter to set, but I don't know which one...

I mention that I have Adobe Reader 8.

Thank you for reading (and answering)!
Re: problem with destype=File [message #473229 is a reply to message #473162] Thu, 26 August 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to specify PDF with the DESFORMAT parameter.
Re: problem with destype=File [message #473276 is a reply to message #473229] Fri, 27 August 2010 03:44 Go to previous message
kalid
YES!!!
That was the problem!

(Unfortunatelly, the default value for DESFORMAT is 'dflt'.)

Thank you very much!
Previous Topic: oracle reports6i generate to pdf turkish char problem
Next Topic: oracle reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:10:33 CDT 2024