Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Calling Report from Menu (Oracle Forms 11g) (Oracle Forms/Reports Fusion Middleware 11g, 11.1.1.2.0, RHEL 5)
Calling Report from Menu (Oracle Forms 11g) [message #468358] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:47
jaramill
I'm trying to call a report from a menu item in a menu (that is attached to a form) in Oracle Forms 11g directly and I'm having some difficulty. I know how to call a report from a form and everything works perfectly.

But since in a menu there is no item called "Report" to attach like there is in Forms, I followed on route which is to attach the "rp2rro" PL/SQL library on the menu file (mmb) and I also even did it on the form itself. Then when you convert a menu using the Forms Migration Assistant, it will comment out statements like "ADD_PARAMETER" and replace with calls to packaged procedures/functions from the package "rp2rro". I set all the parameters

RP2RRO.SETOTHERS('PARAMFORM=YES');
RP2RRO.SETDESTYPE('CACHE');
RP2RRO.SETDESFORMAT('PDF');
RP2RRO.SETCOMMUNICATIONMODE(SYNCHRONOUS);

then made the call to the report:

RP2RRO.RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, 'MYREPORT', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, param_list_id, NULL);

but all i get is the error "FRM-41219: Cannot find report: invalid ID."

The Oracle documentation for integration reports in forms is for when you execute the report within a form not a menu item (that is attached to a form). Any clues?

My environment is:

Oracle (Database, Fusion Middleware) 11g - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Web Browser - Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP Professional

Thanks,
Previous Topic: rotate text inside matrix cell
Next Topic: Help (linking report)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:00:12 CDT 2024