Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen (11.5.10, Solaris...)
Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #467278] Fri, 23 July 2010 03:10 Go to next message
garylythgoe
Hi,

We have two responsiibilities which have the notifications screen added to it (1x Purchasing responsibility, and 1x HR responsibility).

Using the Purchasing responsibility allows the requisition to be approved, using the notifications screen.

Using the HR responsibility causes the requisition to get stuck in the autocreate queue. This is also using the notifications screen.

My question is:

Is there a function/security or similar which needs to be added to to allow approval of requisitions?

Regards,
Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #467607 is a reply to message #467278] Mon, 26 July 2010 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Hi,

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #467678 is a reply to message #467278] Mon, 26 July 2010 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Interesting case.

You say it's getting stuck in the autocreate queue? Is there any error there? What is the status of the workflow item?

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #467763 is a reply to message #467678] Tue, 27 July 2010 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Alien wrote on Mon, 26 July 2010 17:37
Interesting case.

You say it's getting stuck in the autocreate queue? Is there any error there? What is the status of the workflow item?

Regards,

Arian

Hi Arian,

Thanks for responding.

The PO Requisition Approval workflow (REQAPPRV) kicks off fine, and once approved it completes right through to the end, no worries.

It lists the activity 'Launch Create PO Workflow', with a status of 'Complete' and Activity Result of 'Activity Performed'.

Then it 'Ends', no Create PO Workflow is kicked off, and the item is then stuck in the Autocreate.

Really dont understand why.

Any ideas?

Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #467837 is a reply to message #467278] Tue, 27 July 2010 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Since it only happens from the HR-notifications, it seems as if the session information gets messed up.
You verified from the status monitor that there is no CREATEPO workflow? Or through the wf_ITEMS table?

I think you'll have to debug the workflow. You can enable the profile option: PO: Set Debug Workflow ON. This will start writing messages to the po_wf_debug table. Hopefully that will give a clue, where it goes wrong.

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #475292 is a reply to message #467837] Tue, 14 September 2010 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Alien wrote on Tue, 27 July 2010 16:44
Since it only happens from the HR-notifications, it seems as if the session information gets messed up.
You verified from the status monitor that there is no CREATEPO workflow? Or through the wf_ITEMS table?

I think you'll have to debug the workflow. You can enable the profile option: PO: Set Debug Workflow ON. This will start writing messages to the po_wf_debug table. Hopefully that will give a clue, where it goes wrong.

Regards,

Arian

Hi Arian,

Just resurrecting this post!

I've managed to run 2 scenario's with the PO: Set Debug Workflow ON set to 'Yes', and its interesting.

I raised a requisition and approved it using the iProc responsibility, and i raised a requisition and approved it using the Self Service HR responsibility.

Looking at both in the po_wf_debug table, i can see that the CREATEPO workflow is actually kicked off for both, but with 2 differences.

The one which works (using iProc resp) has 40 lines from start to finish, where-as the one which fails (using HR resp) has 28 lines.

The one which works, gets to the bit where its grouping lines and it says the following:

Quote:
.10: group_req_lines : c1_req_line_id = 964600 c2_req_line_id = 964600

The one which fails gets to the grouping lines bit and just says:

Quote:
.60: group_req_lines: result = ACTIVITY_PERFORMED

It then ends 2 lines later, with no hint of what went wrong?!

Do you have anything else you can input to this? Im thinking of just raising an SR with Oracle for this.

Many thanks,
Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #475444 is a reply to message #475292] Wed, 15 September 2010 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

so it fails at the grouping. That means that either there was no group_id. Or there is no data in the temp table.

Does de debug info have a line that says:
10:insert_cand_req_lines_into_tbl: inserting into temp table for req line = ......

And can you see if a group_id was created for both workflows:
select item_type, item_key, name, number_value
from wf_item_attribute_values
where item_type='CREATEPO'
and item_key = '&item_key'
and name='GROUP_ID';

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #475450 is a reply to message #475444] Wed, 15 September 2010 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Hi Arian,

Thanks for the response and i hope your well!

Im learning quite a bit about the way workflow works (excuse the pun) as the days go on.

First of all with regard to this :

Alien wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 09:42
Hi,

so it fails at the grouping. That means that either there was no group_id. Or there is no data in the temp table.

Does de debug info have a line that says:
10:insert_cand_req_lines_into_tbl: inserting into temp table for req line = ......

I cant see this entry in either the successful one, or the failed one. I have attached the po_wf_debug outputs for both the succesful one and failed one if this helps?

Alien wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 09:42

And can you see if a group_id was created for both workflows:
select item_type, item_key, name, number_value
from wf_item_attribute_values
where item_type='CREATEPO'
and item_key = '&item_key'
and name='GROUP_ID';

Yep, group_id was created for both:

Row#	ITEM_TYPE	ITEM_KEY	NAME	NUMBER_VALUE

1	CREATEPO	852244-871007	GROUP_ID	458096
2	CREATEPO	852245-871011	GROUP_ID	458097

Hmm the mystery continues, i've attempted to raise an SR for this, will see how that goes maybe? I havent had much luck with Oracle of late! Laughing

Regards,
Gary

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2010 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #475814 is a reply to message #475450] Fri, 17 September 2010 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

ok. You can definitely call it a mystery. I'm going to test a bit on my old 11i instance. See if I can work out an action-plan over the weekend.

You're not the only one having little luck with Support. But maybe they'll be able to help out anyway. If they do, I'd love to hear the solution.

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #476649 is a reply to message #475814] Fri, 24 September 2010 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I was down with a flu. But up and running again Smile

Something that came to mind, was the hr_locations view. Do you use multiple Business Groups, or does the deliver-to location have a business group in hr_locations_all?

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #476670 is a reply to message #476649] Fri, 24 September 2010 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Alien wrote on Fri, 24 September 2010 12:49
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I was down with a flu. But up and running again Smile

Something that came to mind, was the hr_locations view. Do you use multiple Business Groups, or does the deliver-to location have a business group in hr_locations_all?

Regards,

Arian

Hiya Arian,

Hope your getting over the flu, i had a batch of that about 2 weeks ago, nasty!

Your on the right lines!!! Working with the debug info we saw that the 'GET_BUYER' process in the PO Create Documents workflow was returning 2x 'N' instead of 'Y' and hence going to and end point with no success.

Working with Oracle at the moment to progress this but its slow, and lots of diagnostics being requested.

They want me to retest with HR: Cross Business Group set to Yes, but clearly i cant see this being a viable solution, but because the HRSS repsonsibility has its own Security Profile, to look at employees below it only, i can see this is going to work now i think.

The get buyer functions look at PER_PEOPLE_F and not the unsecured PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F.

Hope this makes sense, i will keep you posted!!! Smile

Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #476709 is a reply to message #476670] Fri, 24 September 2010 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

Well, at least we both got it over with. Hope it's the only flu for this year.

Ok. That makes sense then. So the HR responsibility can't see the buyer. Is there a possibility to include the buyer in the security profile?

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #478259 is a reply to message #476709] Thu, 07 October 2010 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Alien wrote on Fri, 24 September 2010 20:31
Hi,

Well, at least we both got it over with. Hope it's the only flu for this year.

Ok. That makes sense then. So the HR responsibility can't see the buyer. Is there a possibility to include the buyer in the security profile?

Regards,

Arian

Hiya!
Busy times, sorry for the delay, Oracle have given a bit of a runaround on this one and the last note has (amusingly?!) linked us to the Purchasing Implementation Guide. Thanks for that Oracle!

Its definately linked to the Security Profile now....

I was wondering, like you, is there any way you can 'include' an employee in a custom security statement? That way we could include the buyer in the security profile, maybe!

Cheers,
Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #478924 is a reply to message #478259] Wed, 13 October 2010 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hey,

busy times for all of us.
I was looking at the HR security profiles. The doco says that the custom security profile will be inserted into a query on PERSON and ASSIGNMENT. As in:

SELECT PERSON.person_id
FROM per_all_people_f PERSON,
     per_all_assignments_f ASSIGNMENT
WHERE PERSON.person_id=ASSIGNMENT.person_id
AND {your custom where clause fragment goes here}

In that case, you can add a person by including something like 1=1 or employee_number=xxxx. But I have a bad feeling that the code is a little more complex.
Once upon a time, I customized the security profiles for 11i HR. The docs on that customization would probably be helpful. I just need to find them again. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh..........

Anyway, I'll look for them, and let you know.

Regards,

Arian
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #480103 is a reply to message #478924] Thu, 21 October 2010 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garylythgoe
Alien wrote on Wed, 13 October 2010 17:51
Hey,

busy times for all of us.
I was looking at the HR security profiles. The doco says that the custom security profile will be inserted into a query on PERSON and ASSIGNMENT. As in:

SELECT PERSON.person_id
FROM per_all_people_f PERSON,
     per_all_assignments_f ASSIGNMENT
WHERE PERSON.person_id=ASSIGNMENT.person_id
AND {your custom where clause fragment goes here}

In that case, you can add a person by including something like 1=1 or employee_number=xxxx. But I have a bad feeling that the code is a little more complex.
Once upon a time, I customized the security profiles for 11i HR. The docs on that customization would probably be helpful. I just need to find them again. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh..........

Anyway, I'll look for them, and let you know.

Regards,

Arian

Yeah it inserts the custom statement below another statement, my concern is that the logic of the code means if i say employee_id = xxxx then it will just include that singular employee_id and no others?

Either way i would massively appreciate it if you could look for the documentation you might have Cool Smile

Oracle have done something strange, told us development wont consider a change to any code, but told us to raise it anyway.

Oracle have asked us to see if we can input the buyer at an earlier stage in the workflow steps.

The ordering is:

1) Get Buyer from Requisition Line
2) Get Buyer from Item
3) Get Buyer from Category
4) Get Buyer from Source Document
5) Get Buyer from Contract

We are trying to get it off 5 in our configuration.

I cant see how to get it working in the other places?

Get Buyer from Requisition Line
This is, i feel, the most likely solution. The 'suggested buyer' field is hidden in the iProc screens. I've enabled the field, raised a requisition, entered the buyer and approved using the troublesome responsibility. This WORKS!

Next thought, put a default in the 'suggested buyer' field, make it read only and it should work. WRONG. I cannot for the life of me get the value to default in. It just wont accept it.

Get Buyer from Item and Get Buyer from Category
These two just wont work for how we use the system, for instance you can only place one distinct buyer against one distinct category, it wont let you use the same buyer on multiple categories. Strange?

Get Buyer from Source Document
This one i hold my hand up and admit, i completely dont understand!!!

Any thoughts on any of that? I need two approaches here.

-Can i customise the iProc page - '/oracle/apps/icx/por/req/webui/CheckoutSummaryPG' - to include a default value for suggested buyer.
-Can include an employee_id in the security profile.

Cheers,
Gary
Re: Purchasing - Approving Requisitions using Notifications screen [message #480371 is a reply to message #480103] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:02 Go to previous message
Alien
Hi,

Ok. I checked and tested the custom security. But that probably won't help you. Since it is only running the custom statement against the employees that have been filtered by the other settings. So it won't return any employees that are not passing the other restrictions.

I found the code and doco. Unfortunately the doco is in Dutch. But I can already give you the basic overview.
We had a similar issue, where employees with a specific value in a DFF needed to be visible for multiple security profiles.

The solution that we developed was to call an extra procedure after the security list program (we put the extra call in HR_SECURITY). The custom procedure would insert extra rows for people with the specified DFF in PER_PERSON_LIST.

As for the Oracle suggestions. I'll need to test that a bit more. Even though 4 baffles me too?

Regards,

Arian
Previous Topic: Error starting the EBS on RHEL 5 (exiting with status 204)
Next Topic: How to upload reports to apps server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:08:10 CDT 2024