Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle 11 Forms Deploy and configuration Doc
Oracle 11 Forms Deploy and configuration Doc [message #462273] Wed, 23 June 2010 06:07 Go to next message
me_lucky
Dear Team,

I am using Oracle 10g Forms & Reports and now we want to upgrade to Oracle 11g Forms & Reports on linux.

can any one, help me by providing any Documents,
i have googled alot , but am i confused with Web logic server (what does it has to do with Oracle 11g?).

Pl help me.

Thanks in Advance,
Lucky.
Re: Oracle 11 Forms Deploy and configuration Doc [message #462347 is a reply to message #462273] Wed, 23 June 2010 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that Google is the right place to search for such information. I'd rather try with Oracle Technology Network's documentation section.
Re: Oracle 11 Forms Deploy and configuration Doc [message #462860 is a reply to message #462273] Mon, 28 June 2010 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me_lucky
Hi,

Thanks for the info, i was now able to understand the Oracle 11g FMW architceture little bit. i have installed on linux machine also.

Onething is, presently my application on oracle 10g Forms and Reports is hosted on windows. i want to deploy the same on linux, what the things i need to do, can i use the same executables as windows? does it have anything with case sensitivity also as in windows, we dont bother abt case.

pl reply with info.

Thanks in Advance,
Lucky.
Re: Oracle 11 Forms Deploy and configuration Doc [message #462868 is a reply to message #462860] Mon, 28 June 2010 05:49 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't have any experience on the subject, but - as far as I can tell (i.e. what I read in discussions here on the OraFAQ Forum), you'll have to recompile your programs (forms, libraries, ...) on a Linux machine. You can't simply copy FMXs from MS Windows to Linux and expect them to work. Also, I believe that you should use "compile all" (<Ctrl + Shift + K>).
Previous Topic: Reports are not run when i connect VPN
Next Topic: hoding parameter from url
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:39:56 CDT 2024