Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms (Developer 10g 9.0.4.0.19 on Windows)
Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458001] Wed, 26 May 2010 11:46 Go to next message
Manyanye Amos
Can anybody help with how to ivoke and display a scanned image side by side with an Oracle Form without minimizing one of the two. I used the code below to call my document, but when i navigate to it so as to be able to see the detail , the oracle form will be dismissed and vice-versa.

DECLARE
v_claim varchar2(400):=:global.photo_path||:b4.doc_no||'.JPG';
BEGIN
client_Host('cmd /c START "" "'||v_claim||'"');
SET_VIEW_PROPERTY('b4can',VISIBLE,PROPERTY_FALSE);
GO_BLOCK('b1');
EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
MESSAGE('Error '||SQLERRM);
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END;

Should there be another better way, I am keen to adopt it.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458018 is a reply to message #458001] Wed, 26 May 2010 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi ,
I see from your sources, that you call an (Forms)external-Client Programm(via ..host). But from my perspective nothing could happen in Forms ..

Please send more Information.
-- What is you main aim ?
-- What does "client_host(?)
-- What is a "scanned Immage" , is it a Blob in the database? ..
-- What means: "side by side", are that parallel Windows/Canvases?

GG
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458088 is a reply to message #458018] Thu, 27 May 2010 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manyanye Amos
You scan a document, say a member application form for an insurance system and save it to lets say a windows or linux directory. On capturing the member details, the user does not use the physical document but calls it to his screen from the saved directory using the code I included. The user will have his Oracle Forms screen side by side with the scanned document; the user will capture the member details from the scanned document through the Oracle Form.

That code client_Host('cmd /c START "" "'||v_claim||'"');
will invoke a picture viewer on Windows platform that will open the scanned document.

I hope I explained myself clearly.

Regards
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458598 is a reply to message #458088] Mon, 31 May 2010 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
Hi Manyanye Amos,
I have attached three short examples for display Images in/from FORMS. You aim is, I Think to built an forms-application, which shows on one side a scanned-document, on the other side the user can input values. You can use Example3: "Read Picture from Filesystem display it in Forms".
The problem I see too is, how get the filename(s), in your businessprocess; But taht could be our next theme.

PS: There is a PJC-alvailible, which works as sanner-Software. You can start the scan out of your forms-app.; the scanned picture can be shown; and ..

GG
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458602 is a reply to message #458598] Mon, 31 May 2010 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manyanye Amos
Thanks for the response. Can you please elaborate on EXAMPLE 2 step 1: create a DatabaseAccessDescriptor DAD
-- means, make entries in :ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/conf/dads.conf.

I am also interested in Scanning from Oracle Forms.

Regards,
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #458666 is a reply to message #458602] Tue, 01 June 2010 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gregor
hi,
1. info to PJC-Scanner: one solution,(You need a Commercial license,)to acquire images via Twain API from Java using the Morena Framework. For more information see
http://www.gnome.sk/Twain/jtp.html
for a formsdemo please search in the web

2. info to DAD)
A DAD, DatabaseAccessDescriptor, the entry point for Oracle-HTP-Package to the Database. The Databaseconnect(user/pasword/servicename..)is described in the dads.conf file.
The DAD a subproperty of the Apache httpd.conf, when Apache should use a pulgin called, mod_plsql. The mod_plsql interprets the URL and so, that a db_package can be executed. The response is send back to the Browser. The In httpd.conf file or normaly in an included file( http.conf Keyword "include"), "oracle_apache.conf" , is User password etc. for database access configured.
Here the hierachie <filename>/(Content)..Apache/httpd.conf (include "/yourpath/oracle/product/oas/Apache/Apache/conf/oracle_apache.conf"
) --> oracle_apache.conf (include "/yourpath/oracle/product/oas/Apache/modplsql/conf/plsql.conf")-->plsql.conf include "/yourpath/oracle/product/oas/Apache/modplsql/conf/dads.conf"
(<Location /pls/<mydad>>
SetHandler pls_handler
Order allow,deny
Allow from All
AllowOverride None
PlsqlDatabaseUsername <myusername>
PlsqlDatabasePassword xx>use dadTool.pl to obfuscate password>xxx
PlsqlDatabaseConnectString inpol NetServiceNameFormat
PlsqlNLSLanguage american_america.we8iso8859p15
PlsqlAuthenticationMode Basic
PlsqlSessionStateManagement StatelessWithResetPackageState
PlsqlDocumentTablename <myser.mytab>
PlsqlDocumentPath <docu>
PlsqlDefaultPage <my_startpage>
</Location>)
To create a DAD use the EnterpriseManager or read more:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14571_01/portal.1111/e12041/concept.htm#i1006110
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #461341 is a reply to message #458598] Thu, 17 June 2010 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manyanye Amos
Hi Gregor, I implemented option 3, it works but my image does not display clearly in the image item. Looking also at option 1 , I also figured out that it displays the picture in an image item, therefore decided to use option 2.

On option 2, I created the database procedure prc_show_document but got the following error in trying to save it. PL/SQL: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected NUMBER got ORDSYS.ORDIMAGE. I changed the datatype for variable v_blob to ORDSYS.ORDIMAGE and got the error wrong number or types of arguments in call to DOWNLOAD_FILE.

Please guide me so that I implement Option 2. Thanks in Advance

I'm using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production and Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.4.0.19 (Production).

Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #465021 is a reply to message #461341] Mon, 12 July 2010 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

For non-blocking behaviour look at 'NonBlocking' in http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/htdocs/webutil/web_util.pdf

David
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #465087 is a reply to message #465021] Mon, 12 July 2010 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manyanye Amos
Not yet, still looking around for a solution. If you have got one, am definitely in need of it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #465447 is a reply to message #465087] Wed, 14 July 2010 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did or did not 'NonBlocking' work?

David
Re: Scanned Documents in Oracle Forms [message #590641 is a reply to message #458001] Sat, 20 July 2013 16:20 Go to previous message
achafeez
Assalam o alikum...

Can you send me complete code for scanning document in oracle from and saving directly in the db...

thanks in advance...

Abdul Hafeez Chaudhary
Previous Topic: how to generate XML data of SQL query through forms 10g
Next Topic: About: Query Data Source Columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:01:24 CDT 2024