Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Errors RDF to REP (10g)
Errors RDF to REP [message #457549] Tue, 25 May 2010 03:10 Go to next message
rhonakate
Hi there,

I have been using oracle for one day so I know near enough nothing about. I have tried reading as much information as possible.

I'm using it with MICROS and I want to edit an "RDF" then convert to an "REP" I have edited it but when I try to compile it it gives errors such as "statement ignored" or "must be declared". I have no idea what these error messages mean!

If I do nothing to them and then try to save it as an REP i get a pop up error "REP-0736 there exists uncompiled program unit(s)" then i press OK and get an error reading "REP1430 cannot create REP file for file "uk_conf_lorne(name of my file)". Compilation errors found.

This is basically just words to me I have no clue what it means! Hopefully someone can please help me!

Thanks,
RK
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457552 is a reply to message #457549] Tue, 25 May 2010 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
statement ignored
identifier must be declared
REP-0736 there exists uncompiled program unit(s)
You have some pl/sql code in the RDF, which is having syntactical errors.
Try to compile it first. Correct the errors. Then generate REP.
Hope you are connecting to some valid database before compile it.

By
Vamsi

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 03:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457561 is a reply to message #457552] Tue, 25 May 2010 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhonakate
I don't know what the errors mean. So I can't correct them. What does "Statement Ignored" or "indentifier must be declared" mean? And how do I correct them?!
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457565 is a reply to message #457561] Tue, 25 May 2010 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
statement ignored means you've got invalid syntax.
indentifier must be declared means you referencing something that doesn't exist.
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457574 is a reply to message #457565] Tue, 25 May 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you see what Vamsi said (his last sentence)? Meaning: when you started Reports Builder, did you connect to the database? <Ctrl + J> and enter username, password and database you are connecting to (and, more important, contains objects - tables, views, ... - used in that report). Then compile the report (<Ctrl + Shift + K>). What happens?
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457588 is a reply to message #457549] Tue, 25 May 2010 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhonakate
Ahh I didn't actually know what that meant. Tried pressing CTRL +J then asking for the the required information... turns out no one knows the username, password or database. Is there a way we can reconfigure this? Or any documentation where it can be found?

Thanks,
RK
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457591 is a reply to message #457588] Tue, 25 May 2010 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Do you have a DBA?
Check with him/her.
Moreover, without having user/password, what do you want to do with that RDF/REP?

By
Vamsi

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 05:36]

Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457595 is a reply to message #457588] Tue, 25 May 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhonakate
The REP is the confirmation letter (we are a hotel). It is the report that is emailed to our guests. What is a DBA?

Thanks,
RK
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457596 is a reply to message #457595] Tue, 25 May 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhonakate
We use MICROS Fidelio system Opera with Oracle.
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457599 is a reply to message #457596] Tue, 25 May 2010 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
The REP is the confirmation letter (we are a hotel).
Do you have a database?
Do you store these details somewhere in table or so?
How do you check the data in those tables?

By
Vamsi
PS: Seems OP is talking about this.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 May 2010 06:13]

Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457603 is a reply to message #457599] Tue, 25 May 2010 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is going to be either a very, very long topic or a very, very short one.

What do you, actually, have there? A computer. You have installed Oracle Developer Suite 10g. It contains Reports Developer. You can run it. You can also open a RDF file (how is it called? For now, let's call it CONFIRMATION_LETTER.RDF).

In order to modify the report and compile it, you have to connect to a database schema. Schema contains objects (such as tables), that store information about guests of your hotel. Report reads data stored in those tables and creates a layout you can print and, finally, send to a customer.

Obviously, you print those letters. Now, you'd like to change something. But, you don't know username (user "owns" a schema), password and database. Without those information, you can't do anything at all.

As you don't have a DBA (it is a database administrator), who maintains the database, then? Perhaps you don't have one in the hotel, but - what about "headquarters"? For example, hotels are in London, Paris and Barcelona, but headquarters are in Oslo. So, is there a "DBA" in Oslo, somewhere, who installed the database and made the application work? Who backups the database? I hope someone does (because, you might lost everything - a computer might break down and, if there's no backup - where will you restore your system from?).

So - can you find a person responsible for such tasks? He/she will know username, password and database name.

If there's noone, and since you are far from being able to connect as a privileged user (and, eventually, find username, change its password), I'm afraid we are out of options.
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457638 is a reply to message #457603] Tue, 25 May 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhonakate
Thanks for the advice. Our headquarters are in the London area (the database I gather is also accessible there) so someone is to contact me with the username, password and database later today or tomorrow. Are the errors more than likely because I haven't been connected to the schema? I will probably need further help once I have successfully connected to the schema...

Many thanks,
RK
Re: Errors RDF to REP [message #457643 is a reply to message #457638] Tue, 25 May 2010 08:43 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
If you're not connected to the DB errors are a given. So see what happens after you connect.
Previous Topic: Report display problem (merged by CM)
Next Topic: How to Print Customer Copy / Office Copy in rports 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:08:19 CDT 2024