Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report successfully generated or not (report 6i)
Report successfully generated or not [message #457339] Mon, 24 May 2010 00:37 Go to next message
pradeepmca1980
dear all,

Any one tell me how to know that report is generated successfully because i want to one flag only if report is generated successfully other wise no need.
Re: Report successfully generated or not [message #457349 is a reply to message #457339] Mon, 24 May 2010 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I didn't try, but - take a look at SRW.GETERR_RUN built-in.
Reports Help

This function returns an error message if Reports Builder detects an error while running the SRW.RUN_REPORT procedure.

If I got it right, it means that you should, actually, run a report from another report (as SRW built-in package is available in Reports, not in Forms).

Other than that, maybe you could place flagging procedure into the After Report trigger. This trigger fires regardless the report completed successfully or not, but Reports Help says Reports Help

You can raise a message, though, to indicate that the report did not run correctly. For example, you could put the system time in a variable in the Before Report trigger and then compare it against the system time in the After Report trigger. If the report took longer than a certain time to run, you could raise an error. 

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Re: Report successfully generated or not [message #457387 is a reply to message #457349] Mon, 24 May 2010 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pradeepmca1980
Thanks for reply,

but i ran the report through form builder, how i can trace it that report is generate successfully or not.

please help me on this scenario....

Regards
Pradeep
Re: Report successfully generated or not [message #457397 is a reply to message #457387] Mon, 24 May 2010 04:10 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS might help.
Previous Topic: Oracle Reports with Java Barcodes.
Next Topic: spreadsheet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:18:16 CDT 2024