Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Problem on connecting with DBD to Oracle DB with ORA-03135 (HP-Itanium64 11.31, Oracle 10.2.0.4)
Problem on connecting with DBD to Oracle DB with ORA-03135 [message #444805] Wed, 24 February 2010 05:18 Go to next message
Uwe
Messages: 260
Registered: February 2003
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Senior Member
Hi all,

We have a problem which we get at customer side. Only one cust has this problem, others with same OS-Version and same Oracle Version runs fine.
OS     : HP/UX Itanium 11.31
ORACLE : 10.2.0.4
DBD    : 1.21 or 1.24
perl   : 5.8.8

We have an application which connects via DBD (originally V1.21, but also with 1.24) into DB. Whn we start a perl-command which usese DBD to connect it works for seconds but crashes with ORA-03135 and ORA-03113.

I tried several Informations and Solutions from Internet and Metalink, but nothing works.

Originally server sqlnet.ora

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = pribasys.ch
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 0
# NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
# NAMESCTL.NOCONFIRM = ON


#trace_level_client=16
#trace_directory_client=/opt/oracle/10.2.0.4/db_1/network/log
#trace_file_client=sqltrc_client.trc
#trace_unique_client=true
#tnsping.trace_level=16
#tnsping.trace_directory=/tmp

Also tried with :

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = pribasys.ch
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
[color=red]SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 10
SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 300
SQLNET.SEND_TIMEOUT = 300
SQLNET.RECV_TIMEOUT = 300[/color]
# NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
# NAMESCTL.NOCONFIRM = ON


#trace_level_client=16
#trace_directory_client=/opt/oracle/10.2.0.4/db_1/network/log
#trace_file_client=sqltrc_client.trc
#trace_unique_client=true
#tnsping.trace_level=16
#tnsping.trace_directory=/tmp


But all the same.
We get NO Entries in alert.log nor tracefiles in *dump directories. The Program runs on same server - so no client is invoked.

SQLPLUS works fine, TOAD works fine - only perl connections via DBD crashes

Any suggestions ?
Thanx
uwe
Re: Problem on connecting with DBD to Oracle DB with ORA-03135 [message #444921 is a reply to message #444805] Wed, 24 February 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb
Messages: 1734
Registered: December 2005
Location: NJ
Senior Member


after modifying your SQLNET.ora; have you reloaded your LISTENER?

-Babu
Re: Problem on connecting with DBD to Oracle DB with ORA-03135 [message #445200 is a reply to message #444921] Fri, 26 February 2010 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Messages: 260
Registered: February 2003
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Senior Member
Yes, Babu.
I stopped and started the listener. Not even reload.

Problem is still on

Uwe
Re: Problem on connecting with DBD to Oracle DB with ORA-03135 [message #445331 is a reply to message #445200] Sun, 28 February 2010 20:53 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Messages: 24905
Registered: January 2009
Senior Member
you might have to change line #1 below to work on your system

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use DBI;


@ary = DBI->available_drivers;
for (@ary) {
   print;
   print "\n";
}

@ary = DBI->data_sources("dbi:Oracle:");
for (@ary) {
   print;
   print "\n";
}


run code above & post results back here.
please send me a PM since I rarely monitor this subforum
Previous Topic: php with oracle
Next Topic: Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 26 19:46:25 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.25281 seconds