Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Send Separate Remittance Advices (R12.1 Payables)
Send Separate Remittance Advices [message #443864] Wed, 17 February 2010 13:12 Go to next message
sirahs
Hello All...

We're currently looking at producing a custom remittance file (using R12) based on the standard "Send Separate Remittance Advices" concurrent program - this will be placed on the server for pick up by a third party system. In other words we would like the file to be produced when the latter is started. As far as I can see their are 2 ways of doing this:

1.) Via trying to customize the associated BI Publisher Template - although most discussions I have come across say this is difficult because the calling program calls the standard template via a hard coded name - which means customising the std report - which is a no go due to patches that might appear later on.

2.) Via customising the standard java concurrent program - again this may cause issues with patching and supporting etc...
Does anyone have any other ideas on how to do this or easier ways of accomplishing any of the methods above....?

Thanks for sharing
Sandeep
Re: Send Separate Remittance Advices [message #443894 is a reply to message #443864] Wed, 17 February 2010 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ggr88
Hi Sandeep,

Re 1. in R12 you can setup your own Remittance Format Template - no issues with patches. Its just create your own, then change setup.

Alternatively if you wanted multiple files instead of one your could burst the output of the Send Separate Remittance Advices program using any BI Publisher template (e.g. ETEXT) to filesystem.

Regards,
Gareth
Blog: http://garethroberts.blogspot.com
Web: http://www.virtuate.com
Re: Send Separate Remittance Advices [message #443975 is a reply to message #443894] Thu, 18 February 2010 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirahs
Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your response. Just to clarify - can the bursting option allow me to send a flat tab delimited file with multiple lines (related to ALL suppliers from the remittance run)?

Sandeep
p.s. I read your blog prior to coming to orafaq - good work - thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Re: Send Separate Remittance Advices [message #443984 is a reply to message #443975] Thu, 18 February 2010 03:53 Go to previous message
ggr88
Yes.
Previous Topic: Read only segment in DFF
Next Topic: Guide for Installing Oracle R12 on Windows XP SP2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:08:23 CDT 2024