Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exp/Imp of 1 TB database
Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439841] Tue, 19 January 2010 11:32 Go to next message

Please let me know is there any process to export/import a database almost 1 tb of size with in 24 hours. Presently existing resource takes almost 3-4 days to complete the activity.

Is there any concept of parallel processing. If please let me know and please share the document link(s).

The database contains BLOB data also.

Sam G
Re: Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439843 is a reply to message #439841] Tue, 19 January 2010 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the bottleneck is disk I/O then parallel processing won't help.

A few tips to speed things up are in the Import/Export FAQ.

How long does the export take now? How long does the import take now?

I once had 2 machines to migrate between, export took two hours, import took 3 hours (on faster hardware), so I kept the entire process inside the 3 hour limit by exporting to a pipe and importing from the same pipe simultaneously. (Piping through netcat between the machines)

So instead of needing time for export / transfer / import one after the other it took only as long as the import took.

Re: Exp/Imp of 1 TB database [message #439849 is a reply to message #439843] Tue, 19 January 2010 12:43 Go to previous message
John Watson
For the duration of the import, if you set your workarea_size_policy parameter to manual and your sort_area_size to something huge (try a gigabyte to start with) the index creation phase of the import will go many times faster. And related to that, alter all the tablespaces to nologging: that will help the index creation too.
Previous Topic: Indexes and tables import to different tablespaces.
Next Topic: how to load data from an tsv into an oracle table w/o using SQLLDR?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 26 03:04:37 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13416 seconds