Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » utl_dbws how to (Oracle 10.2)
utl_dbws how to [message #437159] Thu, 31 December 2009 06:34 Go to next message
Dear all,

I need to build a webservice client from inside Oracle db.

Since I had a client prototype made by our provider, I verified it from inside Eclipse with real data: it worked.

Then I tried to import the needed jar files (official AXIS and 2 libraries by the provider) into Oracle in order to generate the same code in the database. Yet a lot of libraries were not validated by the db and surely they were necessary, since I obtained a runtime exception from Java.

At last I tried utl_dbws,after patching oracle jar's, giving right privileges to a user. I followed some good code published in this forum under forum/t/99528/2/ .
Nevertheless when I try to invoke the final call that utl_dbws.invoke, after I have passed through the wsdl without errors and populated my variables, I have a runtime error again, something like a type mismatch between Oracle and Java.

My general question is :

If I publish the pure java client prototype, the wsdl, the partial and wrong .sql I'm trying to build, knowing the xml and the operations I have to execute, could you help me build the good .sql?

In order to bypass the problem I wrote a stupid client socket for oracle database and in another machine an application for a server socket containing the client webservice, but you all understand it is a very bad solution.

Thank you in advance.
Re: utl_dbws how to [message #437167 is a reply to message #437159] Thu, 31 December 2009 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
Go to the URL above click the link "Posting Guidelines"
Go to the section labeled "Practice" & do as directed.

You have code & do not understand the problem, so
why do you expect us to be able to debug code we can not see?

If you can't make Oracle & Java to play nice together, perhaps you should keep them apart so they don't get into disagreement over variable datatypes.

I have a basic design philosophy.
First make it work; then make it fancy.

If you can't make PL/SQL & Java exchange parameters at static code level, then fighting the additional complexity of Web Service is a waste of time & effort.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: utl_dbws how to [message #437381 is a reply to message #437167] Mon, 04 January 2010 03:07 Go to previous message
Hi all,
do you have any ideas ?

In attachment ...

Thank you.
  • Attachment: example.txt
    (Size: 6.87KB, Downloaded 489 times)
Previous Topic: how to write update statement for this
Next Topic: Derived SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 23 10:02:50 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10872 seconds