Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Table Space (merged) (Oracle 9i)
Table Space (merged) [message #434060] Mon, 07 December 2009 01:36 Go to next message
javed.khan

Good Morning Gurus...
(Althugh its not a very GOOD Morning for me Razz ) Why because
I was running one procedure today morning and suddenly got one pop up saying "Unable to extend the table space" and message halts waiting for me to press "OK". Was beyond my capabilities to cop up with so i asked my DBA's and they did some magic behind may be an extension in table spaces and after doing this I pressed "OK" again
Jak./fa/7109/0/
on my procedure which was opened and waiting for any responce from me. And after this it starts running again and finished with flying colors. now i have doubt that if i commited any sin today. I have no idea if this modus operandi was correct. If your about to suggest me to verify the data so i have to wait till a functional guy will sit me and verify... Please let me know if this error have any impact of the noraml operation of the procedure.

• Attachment: ltaerror.jpg
    (Size: 201.26KB, Downloaded 211 times)
Re: Table Space [message #434063 is a reply to message #434060] Mon, 07 December 2009 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nets_edge@cox.net
you should post more details regarding the procedure, and database versions, and host.

Are you issuing commits throughout or one at the end?

Was the procedure designed to be re-run in the event such an error occurred?

Nets Edge
Re: Table Space [message #434068 is a reply to message #434063] Mon, 07 December 2009 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

Quote:
Are you issuing commits throughout or one at the end?

No I have several commit in verious places.

Quote:
Was the procedure designed to be re-run in the event such an error occurred?

Procedure designed to rerun in case of traditional errors like no data found and unique and all. but not for the table spaces. Why i am not sure is whenever I said "Rollabck" i am sure i am deleting everything and issing one "Go Run Again". But here in this case i have to press ok and it didnt asked me to cancel.

Anyways i will wait till the havoc and get ready my import for the DB and when enounter one i will flush the data and run the Proc again with extended tablespaces. Laughing

Thanks

Javed
Re: Table Space (merged) [message #434134 is a reply to message #434060] Mon, 07 December 2009 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DBA_SangramKeshari
Check if there is any duplicate rows in all taget tables.

Re: Table Space (merged) [message #434137 is a reply to message #434134] Mon, 07 December 2009 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What does this have to do with the question?
Quote:
Please let me know if this error have any impact of the noraml operation of the procedure.

Regards
Michel
Re: Table Space (merged) [message #434138 is a reply to message #434060] Mon, 07 December 2009 07:04 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Quote:
Please let me know if this error have any impact of the noraml operation of the procedure.

I'm afraid we can't answer that question - we don't know what the procedure does, or how it handles exceptions.

The fact that you got an unformatted error strongly suggests that your procedure didn't do much in the way of error handling.

As to whether it as affected the noral operation - yes. It has interrupted the normal operation, and any uncommitted changes may have been lost (or may not - it largely depends on your exception handler
Previous Topic: How to avoid the error - "ORA-00001: unique constraint violated"
Next Topic: anything like using exists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 26 16:18:57 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.24897 seconds