Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » AQ with Callback stop working (10.2.0.4)
AQ with Callback stop working [message #432849] Thu, 26 November 2009 12:07 Go to next message
Kaeluan
Hi,

We are running AQ since few years and never got any major problem with it until yesterday.

All job that are inserted in the AQ table seem to be stuck there with READY status and the callback procedure is never executed.

Here is what i tried:
1- I tried doing a stop and start queue but problem is still there
2- I tried running a dbms_job since dbms_job and AQ are both using the same database parameter job_queue_process (Actual value is 6) and my dbms_job is running successfully so the problem don`t seem to be there.
3- I manually ran a dequeue and enqueue of my jobs and callback procedure is still not executed. Job stay with READY status in AQ tables.

Since this problem occur in the production database we can not restart it at will so except if it`s the only other way to solve it i appreciate any hint about what i can try to restart my AQ jobs.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 November 2009 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: AQ with Callback stop working [message #432853 is a reply to message #432849] Thu, 26 November 2009 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaeluan
Hi again,

I just ran another test and still have the problem.

4- I created a new AQ Table with a new callback procedure.
After running my enqueue command my job hang in the table with READY status. I tried the same script in development database and it`s working fine. So this seem to confirm that my problem is not with my existing queue table but with the AQ callback process in the database.

Is there a way to restart only this process or services in the database without restarting everything?

regards,
Re: AQ with Callback stop working [message #432952 is a reply to message #432849] Fri, 27 November 2009 10:44 Go to previous message
Kaeluan
Hi again,

We had no other choice than restarting the Database since nothing else seem to work.
After restarting the DB I re-enqueue all the job in AQ table and it start working correctly.

But this morning we found something that we will try if the problem occur again. The problem may be related to the background process "emn0" that is related to the queuing.

I will update this post again if we get the problem and if we have a chance to test if we can only restart the emn0 process instead of the complete DB.

Thank you for reading me Smile

Previous Topic: process or task in queue is not dequeue
Next Topic: dequeue script hang or not functioning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:23:25 CDT 2024