Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » cross check archived redo logs (10G RAC windows 2003)
cross check archived redo logs [message #432455] Tue, 24 November 2009 05:53 Go to next message
mamingui
Hi All,

I have 2 nodes running RAC 10G. And archiving is enabling.
But each node have a different destination for archived redo logs.
I know that Oracle recommend to use shared space for that, but I have use this parameter in each spfile :

sid1.log_archive_dest_1= 'location=F:\Archives'
sid2.log_archive_dest_1= 'location=M:\Archives'

My question is : how to be sure that each node can easily reach archived log destination for other node ?

Do you have any statement to test that.

Thank in advance
Re: cross check archived redo logs [message #432488 is a reply to message #432455] Tue, 24 November 2009 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

>>how to be sure that each node can easily reach archived log destination for other node

Hope you know answer for your qustion. From each node archive log storeing different destination. So nodes can't access your archive log destination.

What type of storage your using?

- Thanks
Re: cross check archived redo logs [message #432501 is a reply to message #432455] Tue, 24 November 2009 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamingui
I'm using SAN storage.
What do you mean by
"Hope you know answer for your qustion. From each node archive log storeing different destination. So nodes can't access your archive log destination."

Don't forget that I declare in each pfile.ora :

sid1.log_archive_dest_1= 'location=F:\Archives'
sid2.log_archive_dest_1= 'location=M:\Archives'

regards
Re: cross check archived redo logs [message #432532 is a reply to message #432501] Tue, 24 November 2009 18:53 Go to previous message
ebrian
To test the local storage, you simply try to copy/open a file from one node to/from the other node.

Why are you reluctant to store the archivelogs on the shared storage?

Previous Topic: Hardware for RAC Database at Home
Next Topic: RAC installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:27:25 CDT 2024