Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » reconfigure a col by sql command (MS ACCESS)
icon4.gif  reconfigure a col by sql command [message #432342] Mon, 23 November 2009 12:57 Go to next message
binary_bandor
sry my wrk is in access db...i faced a problem to reconfigure/format a column. In ma db this col has dbtype text field size is 100...but there are no initial format when created the table.. almost 400 people insert data there..they inserted in different format and diff length also...now i'l need to reconfigure this col..ths is mda primary key also..i explain it briefly.....
my db thre is a col name ASSETID dbtype:text size:100
the inserted datas r like that...
01-02-3456
034566-7899dup
01-03-7689
...............like this
now i'l need to fixed the length??may be its 10 then how i will fixd it..and also firstly need to omit the hyphen(-)..bcoz it counts as a string....so firstly after omitting the hyphen i will need to fixed the length 4 this may be i'l need to add some xtra values lyk(c or null) those col which r short ...how i will add xtra values in this data to make a fixed length?? or is there any idea to blank them by using null.....bcoz after this ineed to format the col..once the length is fixed then i'l format the col lyk @@-@@@-@@@@@.....then i'l need to find some data by using query.. but after that may be it is required to undo the ASSETID column just lyk before then i need to delete the added datas......How i will reconfigure this database??
I will need the sql command of......
how to fixed the length of a column which are combining different number & format of datas???
How i will format this column after resizing???
and if needed hw i will go to the undo stage of this col??

please note that all sql command is run by microsoft access...not oracle..........please help me...asap
Re: reconfigure a col by sql command [message #432344 is a reply to message #432342] Mon, 23 November 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Congratulations, you just have won the "Most Confusing Post of the Week" contest.

./fa/1940/0/

Re: reconfigure a col by sql command [message #432347 is a reply to message #432342] Mon, 23 November 2009 13:43 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
sry my wrk is in access db

I stopped there this an Oracle forum and you choose to ignore the forum rules.
And this till the end of your post.
Quote:
please note that all sql command is run by microsoft access...not oracle..........please help me...asap

Bye!

Topic is locked.
Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 13:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: selecting random rows with selected fields that adds up to a specific value
Next Topic: Execute an external application from PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 18:57:21 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13101 seconds