Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Hardware for RAC Database at Home (10G RAC windows 2003)
Hardware for RAC Database at Home [message #431955] Fri, 20 November 2009 04:05 Go to next message
mamingui
Hi All,

I want to install a RAC database at my home for testing.
So, I want to buy 2 PC (RAM=2GB, processor=1.5Ghz, HD=150GB)
I want also to buy a external hard disk which would be shared by the both node. I want to use RAW DEVICES for datafiles. but I have only one network card in each node and I want to use a switch to connect all of this. Is it possible ? Do you have a better solution.
My target is to have the same environment I have at my job.

Thanks in advance for your proposition.

Regards
Re: Hardware for RAC Database at Home [message #431966 is a reply to message #431955] Fri, 20 November 2009 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You do not need two computers for that.
All you need is two instances.
Use VMWare.
Just google.
Re: Hardware for RAC Database at Home [message #432009 is a reply to message #431955] Fri, 20 November 2009 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamingui
Thank you for your help but I want really to buy these PC and use also raw devices
Re: Hardware for RAC Database at Home [message #432307 is a reply to message #431955] Mon, 23 November 2009 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamingui
Hi All,

For testing Oracle RAc (installation and administration) I have 2 pc at my home + 1 switch + 1 external hdd (160GB).
I want to use external hdd as a common space for database files. But I don't know how to share it because HDD have only one usb port.
So, I don't if it is possible to use this kind of HDD ?
Someone have a solution for that. I have already 2 pcs with windows 2003 enterprise edition SP2; each PC have 2 network cards...

waiting your proposition.

Regards
Re: Hardware for RAC Database at Home [message #432311 is a reply to message #432307] Mon, 23 November 2009 09:11 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>Thank you for your help but I want really to buy these PC and use also raw devices

Okay. Using Vmware also you can do this.

>>I want to use external hdd as a common space for database files. But I don't know how to share it because HDD have only one usb port

Little complex but you can try & test. I am not sure you can able to mount your external hard disk in both nodes.

>> I have already 2 pcs with windows 2003 enterprise edition SP2; each PC have 2 network cards...

Then. Try to configure your public/private & VIP Ip's as per oracle document.

Using cluster verification utility check your node configuration.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Enabling and Disabling Serviceguard Package Monitoring
Next Topic: cross check archived redo logs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:20:34 CDT 2024