Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle 10g key combination to call form trigger (oracle DS10gR2)
icon8.gif  Oracle 10g key combination to call form trigger [message #430664] Wed, 11 November 2009 10:01 Go to next message
lanlani
Hi everyone,

I need to fire the KEY-DUPREC trigger as I click on the key combination Shift+P therefore; I added the following line of code in the frmweb.res file.

80 : 1 : "Shift+P" : 64 : "Duplicate Record"

It worked iff no error was raised. So, if I have a raise form trigger failure in the KEY-DUPREC trigger, a capital P will appear in the text field that called the trigger.

Can you please suggest a solution for preventing the capital P from appearing in the text field if a raise trigger failure existed in the KEY-DUPREC.

Thanks in advance

Lana
Re: Oracle 10g key combination to call form trigger [message #432553 is a reply to message #430664] Tue, 24 November 2009 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In the exception handler, before the 'raise', clear the field.

David
Re: Oracle 10g key combination to call form trigger [message #569830 is a reply to message #432553] Fri, 02 November 2012 05:37 Go to previous message
Mishaque
I don't know if there is a solution, but it sounds to me like a very bad idea to use Shift-P for duplicate_record. This means that you will never be able to input a capital letter P in any text field.
Previous Topic: forms cuts off spaces at the end of textfields.
Next Topic: Read URL Header in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:28:28 CDT 2024