Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Common Set of Books for Euro countries (Oracle 11i)
Common Set of Books for Euro countries [message #428543] Wed, 28 October 2009 13:30 Go to next message
rahulsehgal
Hello people,

We are designing multiorg structure for our organization's europe division. We are on 11i and have thought of one Set of Books per one country.

But there have been suggestions floating around that we should lower down the maintenance work and just create one Set of Books for countries having Euro currency. That set of books will have multiple Legal entities denoted by different balancing segments.

Is approach 1 better or approach 2? I know the answer depends but i just want to know what are the specific issues in approach 2? Do the factors like gapless document sequencing come in? In which countries doc sequencing is absolutely mandatory?

We are not able to decide yet. Its actually a question of High maintenance Vs. potential issues which we dont know.

Please help!

rahul
Re: Common Set of Books for Euro countries [message #428573 is a reply to message #428543] Wed, 28 October 2009 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulsehgal
Any pointer in this direction people? Even a small help would be appreciated
Re: Common Set of Books for Euro countries [message #428643 is a reply to message #428543] Thu, 29 October 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joycelengprc
If you have requirement for sequential numbering by country wise, approach 1 is a better solution, otherwise for approach 2, you can only customize your document sequence generation.

Re: Common Set of Books for Euro countries [message #428645 is a reply to message #428643] Thu, 29 October 2009 04:43 Go to previous message
rahulsehgal
Thanks for the reply! Actually I want to know speciically which countries have gapless doc sequencing requirements and for which documents so that I can logically group the countries

Rahul
Previous Topic: Form Personalisation in AP invoice Distribution
Next Topic: FSG column set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 03:50:49 CDT 2024