Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Partial schema replication without DBA privs (Oracle 10.2G)
Partial schema replication without DBA privs [message #421922] Fri, 11 September 2009 18:06 Go to next message
wakula
Hello,
I'm a developer of some DB which gets updated from time to time.
For development purpose I would like to replicate the content of this production DB into development database.

I would like to perform selective replication of:

• some tables (with configuration data) and related indexes (only definition)
  • definitions for other tables (excluding the content) and related indexes (only definition)
  • triggers
  • constraints
  • code (packages and stored procedures)

Problems:
- I don't have DBA privs on the production DB (I can do almost all inside my schema)
- DB is running at SunOS 5.9 with user/group oracle/ora10g - my account does not belong to ora10g
- datapump can create a dump with privs not allowing me reading that dump

Any hints how can I make such replication?
Re: Partial schema replication without DBA privs [message #421927 is a reply to message #421922] Fri, 11 September 2009 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Any hints how can I make such replication?
A dblink needs to exist within Production schema that logs into development schema.
The write SQL or PL/SQL which pulls data from Production DB to development DB.

You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Go to the URL above click the link "Posting Guidelines"
Go to the section labeled "Practice" & do as directed.
Re: Partial schema replication without DBA privs [message #421952 is a reply to message #421922] Sat, 12 September 2009 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wakula
In such case I will be able to replicate data using DB-link or to dump schema DDL using PL/SQL and SQLPLUS - that seems to be obvious.
Previously I did that and have used SQLPLUS "COPY FROM TO" in order to copy data (and I worked with imp & exp as well). Hope that it helps if anyone else is looking for the same thing.
Re: Partial schema replication without DBA privs [message #422011 is a reply to message #421952] Sun, 13 September 2009 04:29 Go to previous message
babuknb

Quote:
Problems:
- I don't have DBA privs on the production DB (I can do almost all inside my schema)
- DB is running at SunOS 5.9 with user/group oracle/ora10g - my account does not belong to ora10g
- datapump can create a dump with privs not allowing me reading that dump

Discuss with your Database Administrator he'll help you.

As per Mr BlackSwan; Create read only synonym/materialized view from production database using DAtabase Link.

Thanks
Previous Topic: database Move and rename
Next Topic: Unable to register database in recovery catalog in RMAN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:52:49 CDT 2024