Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Cookies & pl/sql
Cookies & pl/sql [message #42471] Tue, 01 April 2003 02:11 Go to next message
Vincent Van den Broeck
Can I get and set a cookie from pl/sql?
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #42474 is a reply to message #42471] Tue, 01 April 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frozen
1) owa_cookie.send('<name>','<value>')
2) HTP.p('Set-Cookie: <name>=<value> path=<path> expires=01-JAN-1990')
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #42476 is a reply to message #42474] Tue, 01 April 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vincent
With the oracle portal which uses an apache server I think yes.

But I found it. Now the one problem is how to deal with the owa_cookie.cookie variable. How do I get back the value from the cookie. This is my code I use.

as
info owa_cookie.cookie;
begin
owa_cookie.send('test','ditiseentestje');
info := owa_cookie.get('test');
return info.vals(0);
exception
when others then
return 'error';
end;

Now he returns error... how do I use the info.vals?
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #42478 is a reply to message #42471] Tue, 01 April 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Visser
Hi Vincent!

FUNCTION GET RETURNS RECORD
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
   NAME                         VARCHAR2(4096)          OUT
   VALS                         TABLE OF VARCHAR2(4096) OUT
   NUM_VALS                     NUMBER(38)              OUT
 NAME                           VARCHAR2                IN

Hope this helps, good luck!

Remi

http://askremi.ora-0000.com/question/post
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #42481 is a reply to message #42471] Tue, 01 April 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vincent
It works!

Thank you everyone!
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #43748 is a reply to message #42471] Mon, 01 September 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay
DECLARE
info owa_cookie.cookie;
begin
info := owa_cookie.get('cookie1');
htp.print(info.vals(0));
exception
when others then
htp.print('error');
end;

I tried the above code. I am not able to take or check or print the value in the cookie. The cookie is created using psp previously but not present in the temporary internet files folder. Why ? Please any one give solutions..
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #43749 is a reply to message #42471] Mon, 01 September 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay
<%
DECLARE
info owa_cookie.cookie;
begin
htp.print(info.vals(0));
exception
when others then
htp.print('error');
end;

%>

I tried the above code. I am not able to take or check or print the value in the cookie. The cookie is created using psp previously but not present in the temporary internet files folder. Why ? Please any one give solutions..
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #43750 is a reply to message #42471] Mon, 01 September 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay
DECLARE
info owa_cookie.cookie;
begin
htp.print(info.vals(0));
exception
when others then
htp.print('error');
end;

Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #329858 is a reply to message #43750] Thu, 26 June 2008 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pankyz

Hi
I am try to get the user name by reading the cookies using OWA_COOKIE package. In my website i have PSP Pages and .net pages as well..When this package is called through PSP packages it gets the correct user name but when i run the .net Packages it always returns me 'VLCWEB'as user name.VLCWEB is the schema in which the package is created(this package is accessing OWA.COOKIE to get the user name) Remember in my web.config i am opening the connection as VLCWEB. So anybody has a idea why i m not able to get the correct user name from .net pages While it works file in Case of PSP Pages.
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #329860 is a reply to message #42471] Thu, 26 June 2008 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>While it works file in Case of PSP Pages.
Let me get this straight.
It works when Oracle is involved & Micro$oft is excluded.
It fails when using .NET, so you decide to ask us Oracle folks
how to fix YOUR .Net problems.

Why do you expect help from us?
Why did not NOT post this on some .NET forum?

You're On Your Own (YOYO)!
Re: Cookies & pl/sql [message #329861 is a reply to message #329860] Thu, 26 June 2008 16:00 Go to previous message
pankyz

@ anacedent
I tried on .net forum as well but i was not able to find anything and then i found this post which says something about owa_cookie package. So i thought of asking the question here.. But i am still thinking ..but why are u felt offensive unneccassarily . Let somebody else help me if you dont wanna somebody help or if you dnt know the answer..

[Updated on: Thu, 26 June 2008 16:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Connect Oracle 8i server to Oracle 10g server
Next Topic: display recods in cross format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 16:15:45 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16770 seconds