|Manual database backup [message #420604]
||Mon, 31 August 2009 14:33
Registered: August 2009
Since we only have the standard version of Oracle db, we need to create a manual process to do the standby db.|
1) make sure primary db is in archive log mode
2) hotbackup of primary db's datafiles
3) create standby controlfile from primary db
4) copy everything to standby db
5) edit the standby init.ora file if applicable although my files on the primary and standby will have the same file paths, db_file_name_convert is not set.
6) start the standby db
SQL>startup nomount pfile=/path/to/standby/init.ora;
SQL>alter database mount standby database;
SQL> recover standby database;
This is when I run into problems (see messages below)
ORA-00279: change 2342934 generated on 8/27/2009 15:40:31 needed for thread 1
ORA-00289: suggestions: /path/to/arch/sid/1_833_682861383.arc
ORA-00280: change 2342934 for thread 1 is in sequence #833
ORA-00317: file type 0 in header is not log file
ORA-00334: archived log: '/path/to/arch/sid/1_833_682861383.arc'
ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01195: online backup of file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: datafile 1: '/opt/oracle/oradata/sid/system01.dbf'
I tried to alter database open resetlogs, but I didn't work.