Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Tablespace Option in Update and Insert Statement (Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1.0)
Tablespace Option in Update and Insert Statement [message #418157] Thu, 13 August 2009 03:56 Go to next message
wmgonzalbo
Hi Experts,

I have a schema (Schema_A) which uses a dblink (@My_db_link) to access tables on Schema_B.

A procedure executed in Schema_A, uses the TEMP table space of Schema_B. Now, our DBA created a tablespace TEMP_A to be used by Schema_A.

ALTER USER was done, yet for my select queries, he advised me to do these modifications:

Select code into v_code From SCHEMA_B.TABLE_1@My_db_link where cdoe = 'AAA';

While for my Update and Insert statements, he told me that there is an option in doing Updates and Inserts which I can specifically force that the Update or Insert will use tablespace TEMP_A not TEMP.

I still can't find UPDATE/INSERT option where I can specify which tablespace it must use. Is that possible? Also are there any alternative approach for these tablespace issue?

Any useful information/links would be much appreciated...

Regards,
Wilbert
Re: Tablespace Option in Update and Insert Statement [message #418166 is a reply to message #418157] Thu, 13 August 2009 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
To the best of my knowledge, the Temporary tablespace that you use is determined solely by your user account.

I know of no way of altering the temporary tablespace that would be used for a DML statement.
Re: Tablespace Option in Update and Insert Statement [message #418169 is a reply to message #418157] Thu, 13 August 2009 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Ask your DBA to tell how to do it.
Temporary tablespace is not your problem, it is DBA one. It is his job to manage the space.

Regards
Michel
Re: Tablespace Option in Update and Insert Statement [message #418546 is a reply to message #418157] Mon, 17 August 2009 04:31 Go to previous message
wmgonzalbo
Thanks for the replies! Smile

Regards,
Wilbert
Previous Topic: PLS-00402 Alias required for Select list of cursor to avoid dup col names (2merged)
Next Topic: regarding some topics in oracel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 04:14:13 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21262 seconds