Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY (10g,Sun OS)
Compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY [message #416190] Fri, 31 July 2009 01:48 Go to next message
madhavamanohar
Hai all,

Hi ALL,,,

I refreshed one db from PROD dump.

After that I compiled all Invalid objects .But am unable to compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY

Showing all are invalid.

OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_TYPE OWNER
------------------- UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY UTLFILE
UTL_FILE_EX PACKAGE BODY UTLFILE
UTL_FILE_ADMIN PACKAGE BODY UTLFILE

SQL> show parameter utl

NAME TYPE VALUE
----------- create_stored_outlines string
utl_file_dir string

Please help me how to compile this.

If I tried to copile manualyy..I am gettimg Error like..PACAGE ALTERED WITH COMPILATION Errors.

Thanks
Manohar.
Re: Compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY [message #416193 is a reply to message #416190] Fri, 31 July 2009 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
This UTLFILE owner is something you created. Normally the UTL_FILE package is owned by SYS.
Either you created an own implementation of UTL_FILE, or you recreated it under the UTLFILE schema.
Anyway, your code, so we cannot tell anything, except that you can do SHOW ERRORS to see what is wrong.

However, if you did not know about the SHOW ERRORS, it might be that you are doing stuff that is a tad more than you can handle (meant as a kind advise, not to burn you down).
Re: Compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY [message #416200 is a reply to message #416193] Fri, 31 July 2009 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
madhavamanohar
Hi Frank,

Thanks For your Reply..

We refreshed the database its automatically created..means..it's not default oracle user its using by another application.

When we given show errors its giving No errors.

Is this error database related or application related..?
Re: Compile UTL_FILE PACKAGE BODY [message #416204 is a reply to message #416200] Fri, 31 July 2009 03:04 Go to previous message
Frank
Then query user/all_errors, depending on the logged in user.
Previous Topic: Archiving of Quote Data
Next Topic: How to tune/reduce time for this simple procedure ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 05:39:14 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07727 seconds