Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » how can we create procedure for all users to connect all user tables?
how can we create procedure for all users to connect all user tables? [message #415777] Wed, 29 July 2009 04:48 Go to next message
Sarah Aman

hi
How can we create procedure for all users to connect all users tables by using only one Procedure?
can anyone help me?

sarah
Re: how can we create procedure for all users to connect all user tables? [message #415778 is a reply to message #415777] Wed, 29 July 2009 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Sorry, what does "for all users to connect all users tables" actually mean?

You could create public synonyms for all the tables you want, for example. Then all user would be able to see those.

Edit:Typo

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2009 04:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how can we create procedure for all users to connect all user tables? [message #415781 is a reply to message #415778] Wed, 29 July 2009 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarah Aman

i want to use select,insert,delete and update statement too in that table because i have made 4 forms in oracle form and its working by only schema owner if i create any new user in database i can not access that tables by new user.
i created role but useless it wants to define all the time grant statment for new user is there any way to make only one procedure in database that when i make any new user that access all users tables by that procedure?

sarah
Re: how can we create procedure for all users to connect all user tables? [message #415787 is a reply to message #415781] Wed, 29 July 2009 05:22 Go to previous message
Frank
Create a role. Grant necessary privs to that role.
Then grant the role to the users.

If it is too much work for you to grant a simple role to a new user, you should either find a new job or invest (waaaay more) time into writing a procedure that creates a new user and grants that user the role.
Then you only have to call the procedure. Saves you 1 statement, but adds possible bugs.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2009 05:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: analytic function
Next Topic: Indexes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 08:24:43 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10967 seconds